Sign in to follow this  
TKM

Creation Pcut CT 630 comm problem

Please can someone help...

I have a CT630 which is giving me problems. Occasionally and now more often than not, when i start the cutting process, the pc shows that its sending the info, but the cutter does not start. we used to restart the art cut software and it was then fine but lately it wont respond at all!

Is it our PC, plotter, cable or drivers??

Please help?

many thanks!

If you have the cutter connected with USB connection, put it on a serial or keyspan adapter.  Static is bad this time of year.  Static Guard could help, You could wipe your vinyl with dryer sheets and put a dryer sheet in the vinyl roll.

You might want to ditch the ARTCUT for Signblazer, which is a free permanent trial, And can be downbloaded here on the forum under the Signblazer thread.

Artcut was terrible 5 years ago - skeeter is right get signblazer - easier to use and free

we are using a serial port. we have checked and cleaned all connections, so i think its more software or driver related??

Any idea why one of these would cut so uneven, changed the blade and the Teflon cutting strip...

I have given up lol

are you sure the carriage head is in the track good?  The white wheels should be firmly down in the track.

Make sure there is no little pieces of vinyl stuck in the blade holder.

Blade holder should be firmly locked down, so as not to lift up when cutting.