Sign in to follow this  
o45drift

blade not lifting

Hi all,

So I got my first cutter a couple of days ago and had no problem with the setup, with the exception of the stand, it may very well be the cause of child abuse. anyways I started cutting and had no problems after i set the blade and pressure, which i am still playing with but have gotten to an acceptable margin. Well i went to sleep after a couple of successful cuts and figured i would start again the next day after work. I fired it up and everything seemed normal, first cut was perfect, second cut, the blade never lifted off the vinyl, so I came here, lots of talk about communication, blade depth, pressure, blah blah blah... well i tried all of it, 15 feet of vinyl later i figured out the problem. if you pop off the cover to the motor of blade carrier there is this little magnet looking thing and 2 poles that the blade moves up and down on, well i played with it by hand and noticed it was not going all the way back up... now at this point the duct tape would have made my problem worse and the hammer i had was too big to get at the problem area, so i went with the trusty backup plan and hit it with some wd-40. and BOOM everything is cutting awesome. have done 10 new cuts without fault. I hope this helps someone, i know i was ready to cry seeing as it only worked for a couple of hours

Hi all,

So I got my first cutter a couple of days ago and had no problem with the setup, with the exception of the stand, it may very well be the cause of child abuse. anyways I started cutting and had no problems after i set the blade and pressure, which i am still playing with but have gotten to an acceptable margin. Well i went to sleep after a couple of successful cuts and figured i would start again the next day after work. I fired it up and everything seemed normal, first cut was perfect, second cut, the blade never lifted off the vinyl, so I came here, lots of talk about communication, blade depth, pressure, blah blah blah... well i tried all of it, 15 feet of vinyl later i figured out the problem. if you pop off the cover to the motor of blade carrier there is this little magnet looking thing and 2 poles that the blade moves up and down on, well i played with it by hand and noticed it was not going all the way back up... now at this point the duct tape would have made my problem worse and the hammer i had was too big to get at the problem area, so i went with the trusty backup plan and hit it with some wd-40. and BOOM everything is cutting awesome. have done 10 new cuts without fault. I hope this helps someone, i know i was ready to cry seeing as it only worked for a couple of hours

Going to give this a try

just to clarify i sprayed the wd40 inbetween the metal cup and coil that controls the up and down motion of the blade