Lisamckt

Fixin to become a newbie and need advise.

I am going to be ordering my USCutter on Monday, still confused on which machine would be better for me. I have been using a cricut expressions for about 2 yrs, but its very limited in what I can do. Looking to expand my business a little due to unable to be a nurse anymore after 20+ yrs, due to MS and Heart Disease.  I mainly have been dealing in doing wood work that my husband cuts for me, alot of personalization to yard signs, outside decor, inside plaques, ornaments, inside wall lettering, etc. All my items can be seen on Facebook @ MeandMYKidCrafts.  But looking to expand some and do more graphic stuff such as decals for my husbands cornholes and a larger range of stuff other than just letters.  I have been looking at the Laser 2 vinyl cutter/potter with contouring, but cant find many reviews on it. Would appreciate any ideas on what would be the best machine for me and what people are thinking about the Laser 2.  Also appreciate any recomendations or ideas anyone has and can pass on to me.  Thanks in advance.  Lisa.

Welcome,  I don't use the Laserpointer11, but just a quick note on your store,, Using those college teams or any team logos can get you in a lot of trouble.  They are copyrighted..Licensed. images, logos. Putting them on Facebook for the world to see, is even worse.  You cannot legally sell  ANY copyrighted, licensed, items  without permission from the owners. That is copyright infringement. I don't think you want financial problems now.  Wait til one of those lawyers keep you in court forever. It won't be worth the money your selling them for. .   Good luck..  Something to think about.  Just because you see others doing it, just means they haven't been caught yet.  Is that a risk you really want to take?

Best way to have a great business, is to have your own niche'.  Something that everybody else doesn't do...Unique and different..

You might want to take some time and read this

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/17644-warning-to-everyone/?hl=dewalt

Hello and welcome Lisa I have the pcut the brother to the lazer cut.  the lazer cut2 is fairly new so probably few reviews . I have the pcut that can do whatever I need to cut.

Do some research tonight and order the best you can afford . Unless you plan on printing and contour cutting I would see no reason for the lazer option .

Good luck on your purchase and best wishes for your health to get better .

Dan

I have been using a LaserPoint 1 for about 5 years - I have run a TON of vinyl through it and the only real issues I have ever had were operator issues. 

It doesn't do good on the really fine (read small) stuff but it is a work horse.

I have several customers that are crafters and I do a bunch of those yard signs for them - some of them order them a hundred at a time.

This is only a part time "hobby" for me to get a few extra $$$ now and them.

If you have further questions feel free to email me at wdocktor@csi(dot)net

I have been using a LaserPoint 1 for about 5 years - I have run a TON of vinyl through it and the only real issues I have ever had were operator issues. 

It doesn't do good on the really fine (read small) stuff but it is a work horse.

I have several customers that are crafters and I do a bunch of those yard signs for them - some of them order them a hundred at a time.

This is only a part time "hobby" for me to get a few extra $$$ now and them.

If you have further questions feel free to email me at wdocktor@csi(dot)net

Thanks Dan, and thanks for the offer for further help. I am a learner and open to all advise. Like I stated earlier we have been doing a little business over the last couple of years, definetly not depending on it for a living. I am a Public Health Nurse x 20yrs, I was diagnosed with MS in 2007 and the progression has worsen espicially in this last year, the doctors have had me out of work since the middle of November.  Not sure at this point if I will be returning per the doctors. I have a small little shop behind my house, that I work out of, so if I am out their and feel the need to lie down I am just steps away from the house, or if I am in alot of pain, its my choice not to even open the door. I know you are probly saying yourself too much info, I appologize. But thank you for letting me know u are here, if I need help.  Lisa

Happy New Year, and hopefully it's a very different (better) one than 2012.

Since you have a small retail shop, then put up bunch of banners and signs, and let people know you can produce computer-cut lettering at the place.

That's what I did, alerting the public that I was here for their sign-making needs, and over the past year I've generated tens of thousands of $$$ from people who just LOVE to have a local sign guy available.

At the very least, get a web address (domain name) with a dedicated email account so clients know how to reach you easily, even when the shop is closed.

Happy New Year, and hopefully it's a very different (better) one than 2012.

Since you have a small retail shop, then put up bunch of banners and signs, and let people know you can produce computer-cut lettering at the place.

That's what I did, alerting the public that I was here for their sign-making needs, and over the past year I've generated tens of thousands of $$$ from people who just LOVE to have a local sign guy available.

At the very least, get a web address (domain name) with a dedicated email account so clients know how to reach you easily, even when the shop is closed.

Thanks guys for all the advise. Need all the experienced advise I can get, so keep it coming!!!