SteveGSI

Help Needed! Cutter Doing Strange Things!

Hey this is my cutter, got it of ebay, not to sure what make it is. sometimes when cutting larger amounts of stuff it goes funny and forgets its position and just has a mind of its own, ive tried connecting a cable to the bottome of it and to the frame, but still does it :S any other ideas? thanks 

• Like 1

No info as to how this cutter is  connected to computer?, what computer operating system?, what cutting software? you don't even state what the cutter is.. I guess it's a Pcut .maybe.? 

How have you tried to fix the problem other than a ground wire. ?

All I can say, as it has been stated here hundreds of times, if on a USB, put it on a serial or keyspan adapter,  spray some Static Guard in the area, static is high in the winter. Wipe your vinyl with dryer sheets, put dryer sheet in the vinyl roll.

Always, turn your cutter off and back on, between cuts, so the data from the previous order dumps, Chines cutters are more limited on memory, than the higher end cutters.

From the photos, I see you're using a serial connection, which is good.

However, this thing seems to be sitting on a carpeted floor (that blue stuff) and is likely generating a lot of static (especially in a dry heated home) -- make sure the ground wire is secured well into bare metal (not just touching the powder-coated surface).

One other thing to check, is your power plug the three-prong grounded type?

Also, using static-guard spray and dryer sheets should help.

No info as to how this cutter is  connected to computer?, what computer operating system?, what cutting software? you don't even state what the cutter is.. I guess it's a Pcut .maybe.? 

How have you tried to fix the problem other than a ground wire. ?

All I can say, as it has been stated here hundreds of times, if on a USB, put it on a serial or keyspan adapter,  spray some Static Guard in the area, static is high in the winter. Wipe your vinyl with dryer sheets, put dryer sheet in the vinyl roll.

Always, turn your cutter off and back on, between cuts, so the data from the previous order dumps, Chines cutters are more limited on memory, than the higher end cutters.

thanks for reply bud, sorry it is connected by a serial plug that goes into a usb adapter then into the computer usb port. i will try some static guard and this dryer sheets, where can i get this in the uk? ebay? not sure what model of it is, just what it says on the plate. i will try turning it on and off inbetween cuts, never though of that! thanks very much buddy!

From the photos, I see you're using a serial connection, which is good.

However, this thing seems to be sitting on a carpeted floor (that blue stuff) and is likely generating a lot of static (especially in a dry heated home) -- make sure the ground wire is secured well into bare metal (not just touching the powder-coated surface).

One other thing to check, is your power plug the three-prong grounded type?

Also, using static-guard spray and dryer sheets should help.

yes but it goes into usb, so is this bad? yes its on the carpet, is there antyhign i could try put it on? and ill make sure earth properly,

yes its the 3 pin earth type, tyhanks very much guys

ok thanks, right well, ive take the USB adapter off and plugged straight in, ive turned it on and off, so far seems to be going ok and cutting what i was trying earlier, im about halfway through and touch wood it does make it!:D

"Dryer sheets" are those things that you toss into your clothes dryer to give a nice fluffy result --

dryer-sheets.jpg