oldboyoh

USB Printing Support / SignBlazer Instant Crash

Ok so I didn't use my cutter for a month or two and now I cant seem to get it up and running again. Every time I plug it in it says it failed to install the drivers, I didn't notice this at first so I went to cut my vector out in SB and when I hit "printer settings or Home position" I get the warning that there's been an un-recoverable error and it crashes.So I figured it must be a driver error....

I only can find the cutter listed under "USB printer support" If i remember correctly it used to directly list the printer and connected fine. I've also tried manually installing the drivers and the install usually fails. The USB printer support might have gotten installed when i plugged in a regular printer? I've tried multiple ports and have had 0 luck. 

start over with a fresh install .  In the future, if your going to plug your cutter in,  do it with you computer turned off.  Your just making it jump to another com port number...  It is always best to have a dedicated computer for your cutter

http://start.uscutter.com/

• Like 1

Thanks, a fresh install for the drivers or SB? I usually leave it in same port too it just wasnt working for some reason @_@

When i try a fresh driver install it says "Windows found driver software for your device but encounterd an error while attempting to install it. one of the installers for this device cannot preform the installation at this time."

UPDATE: I got it to not crash by restarting with fresh driver install. Now its not responding though when I initiate a cut

UPDATE: I got it to not crash by restarting with fresh driver install. Now its not responding though when I initiate a cut

If you didn't, you must match com port numbers in Signblazer and device manager.

You have to make sure the port number matches in the device manager of your computer & in the software settings ( SB only uses port numbers under ( from memory ) 5 ) . It has been posted many times , do a search & read . PLENTY of good info in here to read while searching for what you want . :) .