Sign in to follow this  
Scottyy

CE5000-60 a week old

So Ive had my Graphtec for a week now.

I am still in the process of getting it dialed in. For some reason every morning when i start work its like i have to set up a brand new plotter. I have to readjust blade depth and pressure even tho it is set to the same settings i used the night before and was cutting fine. Also everything I cut is a HUGE pain to weed regardless of depth pressure etc.

I am using flexisign 10.5.

Things I have tried/checked:

Blade holder for anything stuck in it. Blade spins freely and put a drop of 3 in 1 just in case.

I have used the OEM graphtec 45* blade, clean cut 45* and a clean cut 60*. I have used clean cut 60's on every plotter ive owned with no issues.

all different pressures blade depths and various offsets. 

Cutting strip is perfect not a scratch on it. It is also firmly in place(not uneven or lifting up at all)

Restored cutter to factory settings.

checked the carriage for looseness etc.

Material tracking straight and laying flat.

Blade holder is locked down on the carriage properly.

tried both USB and serial cable.

Multiple power outlets and power strips.

Added a ground strap from plotter stand and plotter to a copper pipe.

Two different computers.

It has to be something simple that i am overlooking.

I am not sure what else to try. 

Lucky I still have my copam to fill orders.

I really do love my graphtec. I know once it is set up right it will be a powerhouse.

On a side note my copam has been used for cutting 651 for 4 hours a day or more for the past two year without a single issue.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Scotty.

You put all that info above, but you don't state what any of your settings are. 

Are you using the Graphtec Cutting controller?  A great tool,   Sorry, but there is no way your blade depth would change. just sitting there.

What do you have your blade offset at?

I have tried about 50 variations of settings. I am setting force pressure etc on the plotter itself and designing and cutting from flexi.

Right now It has a clean cut blade 45*, 12 pressure 0 offset, 10 speed.

I will try the Graphtec Controller and see if that makes a difference.

I have tried about 50 variations of settings. I am setting force pressure etc on the plotter itself and designing and cutting from flexi.

Right now It has a clean cut blade 45*, 12 pressure 0 offset, 10 speed.

I will try the Graphtec Controller and see if that makes a difference.

Start off by setting the blade correctly, take blade holder out of machine, and firmly cut a piece of scrap vinyl you will be cutting, you should only be cutting the vinyl, and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust to get there, put blade holder back in machine, and use the force feature to get the same results, only cutting vinyl, barely a mark on wax paper backing.  You have a TEST feature right on your machine to do this.  Graphtec blade offset is zero 0.  I never run more than 5-6 on speed.. I like to run slow.

Make your cutter adjustments from your Graphtec cutting controller.  It is a breeze doing it from your computer.

And I cut from Flexi also.

I have checked and rechecked the blade depth. I use a feeler gauge on a small piece of granite to make sure the blade is set perfect ever single time. Coming from my automotive background I am crazy about setting clearances perfect every time. I will slow it down some more and see if it helps. I am so used to running my copam at 40cm/s even on 1/2" letters or smaller. 

I have checked and rechecked the blade depth. I use a feeler gauge on a small piece of granite to make sure the blade is set perfect ever single time. Coming from my automotive background I am crazy about setting clearances perfect every time. I will slow it down some more and see if it helps. I am so used to running my copam at 40cm/s even on 1/2" letters or smaller. 

You can run it a little faster when you get it set up correctly, I am trying to help you get it set up. I tried to help you set your vinyl blade depth correctly also.

I tried using the Graphtec cutting controller and slowed it down more. Also re checked blade depth. Same results.

I also bumped up the pressure to 14.

Maybe it is just cursed I am more of a Roland type of guy :-X

I tried using the Graphtec cutting controller and slowed it down more. Also re checked blade depth. Same results.

I also bumped up the pressure to 14.

Maybe it is just cursed I am more of a Roland type of guy :-X

You have Graphtec support and a GREAT warranty...

What do the test cuts look like?

And are you sure you haven't broken off the end of the blade tip?  Too much pressure will break those..

I don't use a Clean cut blade, just regular blade, but people who use them, say you have to back the pressure off, starting with one.

I have never had to use over 10-11 force for regular blade or regular vinyl, like Oracal 651

I'll have to give them a call.

Test cuts: the bottom right corner of the triangle seems rounded and bottom left of the square is rounded. everything else is sharp.

It also is a pain to weed. keeps lifting up triangle unless i hold it down. 

did you ever get this problem fixed?  If so, it would be nice to tell other people on here, if they have the problem. how you fixed it.

The granite scared me - I know the cleancut's are hardened and if dropped they will definitely break a tip - part of why they last so long.

after about 3 ce5000-60's I can say I have never had a problem after setting the blade - it will not change on it's own. - the spring in the blade holder would be easy to lose as it is so small but they are rock solid

Sorry I havent been on in awhile to respond.

After replacing both the Blade Holder and Blade Carriage it cuts perfect now.

I'm assuming from how beat up the box was when i received it something got bent out of wack.

Wish i would have waited and got the CE6000.