LPWash

4'' x 4' Snow Plowing signs

2 old grouches complained about my Blue fonts over the years , but it does make reading easier . I do play the lottery once in a great while ( it is called a tax for those who are VERY bad at math :) ) . It is worth the buck to daydream for a little while IMO :) .

whatsw really funny about that post is that if youre getting paid to make someone a sign then youre officially a sign guy.

• Like 1

whatsw really funny about that post is that if youre getting paid to make someone a sign then youre officially a sign guy.

That is all it takes  . Just how professional , full time , the amount of equipment & shop size etc . is what varies . Every beer manufacturer is not as big as A-B , but still a manufacturer .

Not to be rude but just because you buy a cutter and some coroplast doesn't make you a sign guy. Just like just because i have a plunger doesn't make me a plumber either. I'll be straight up honest, Materials for the sign industry are generally very inexpensive, It's knowing how to do jobs and do them correctly, as well as the added value that a sign will give your business is what you are paying for. Just like with snow plowing. You can buy some rusty beat up plow on craigs list cheap and throw it on any beater truck but that doesn't make you a snow plowing professional by any means. 

It's funny every year it snows you see the companies with their trucks ready to go then you see all these beaters with plows on them and just shake your head.

Why is the W in SNOW thinner then the rest and PLOWING thicker than SNOW?

I have been reading this forum for awhile now.. Not in the business. Just have a vinyl cutter and do things as a side business / hobby.. I always get a kick out of someone who starts a sentence with the words "Not To Be Rude". Then continues to write a bunch of rude sarcastic crap and insults someone over a stupid plastic sign.. If your an example of what is to be found on this forum, I do not think it is worth reading.

I am being rude on purpose and Advanced Member Miller is clearly not representing this forum in a good way... This is newbie member skydiver22 saying this.. Flame away!!!! And yes, This is my first comment on this forum...

• Like 2

Yeah I had some sh*t on my Cheerios this morning, Gives it a nice touch.

Too many people trying to ruin the industry because they don't want to pay for anything and think they can become one of us with a $300 cutter. All to save $15...

Quote "and think they can become one of us" Are you a member of some secret sign making society that requires all members to have a secret hand shake or something??

• Like 1

Quote "and think they can become one of us" Are you a member of some secret sign making society that requires all members to have a secret hand shake or something??

This particular menatality is found in a lot of other forums.  The Signs101 Forums has this disclaimer on their page "If you are making or are seeking to make signs and graphic products for your own needs, you have entered a community where you are not welcome. Please do not attempt to register."

Thankfully you don't find it very much on these forums and you can usually ignore it when you do...

• Like 1

take heart & don't feel bad when someone tries to promote their ego at the expense of you or others . Those people really need pity IMO . There was a problem I had with a close friend's buddy . I was semi-friends with the guy also . I said something to make my buddy say " do you know how much money , property , equipment he has ? he has 50 people as employees & a successful contracting company " . I told my buddy that if the guy was looking down on me because he is more successful , I pity him . My buddy was shocked & I told him this . " Can you imgine if he looks down on me ... how demeaned he feels when he thinks of Donald Trump , Bill Gates etc ? ... I told him I did not feel a bit inferior to anybody including those people . I admired their success , but did not feel superior to the bums begging for change at the intersections or lower than the filthy rich . That I truely felt pity for those that did ." My buddy readjusted his attitude , but still is in that pecking order affliction , sadly . People usually lording it over anybody is dealing with some sort of inferiority complex & derserves pity even though they evoke a stronger reaction :lol:  :angel:  :bear: