desertdog10

Anyone know of high tac printable vinyl for "property of" stickers?

Happy Holidays all-  I have a customer that want me to make some stickers that he can put on his business equipment (construction stuff) that say "Property of- then company name" but he wants them to not come off easily. He mentioned something like the license plate stickers we use in AZ to show registration dates.  I can print with either my laser printers or my ink jet epson 1100 with pigment ink. Color isn't necessary but desired. I'd probably try to contour cut them in sizes from 1" x 3" up to maybe 4" x 6"  so small sheets are fine.  

I have used the papillo waterproof vinyl with oracal over laminate but not sure they have the stickiness he needs.  They shouldn't be easily removed or even pull apart in tiny pieces if tampered with. 

Any suggestions appreciated!!  

What you're looking for is tamper proof or tamper resistant label stock...

They are called "Asset/Equipment Labels" or "Asset Security Labels".

Don't know off-hand of any printable stock for that.

Maybe someone else has a source.

Sue2

May be something like this? http://www.uscutter.com/ORACAL-ORAJET-Series-3105HT-High-Tack-Calendered-PVC-Digital-Media-54-by-50Yd-Roll

It's high tack made for low energy surfaces. Equipment like what you're talking about fits this category since they are powdered coated usually, not painted. If this isn't going to work for you then find the media that suits you and make sure the adhesive is formulated for low energy surfaces.

Because of the printers you use these won't hold up as well outdoors if in direct light. Try an up-sell in quantity. Since no sticker is un-removable or tamper-proof have 2 on each piece of equipment. One visible, and one out of sight so it can be found if recovery is ever needed. Plus more money for you! 

• Like 1