Sign in to follow this  
lukejian

its possible to cut over 12' length with the SC cutter?

i was thinking to cut a carbon fiber stripes for my car. Something like from the hood, top, and to the trunk. Well, i know that the SC cutter can only cut up to 12' in length. but since i dont need a low of detail, just a long stripes, something like 48' long.

Is there a way i can actually cut this? something like cut the first 12', and then start from the end point for another 12', and so on. Is that possible?

Are you going over the top or down the side of your car? If so you could cut the stripes into sections such as hood, roof, trunk. Not sure what your car is but 12' should get you quite a ways even without cutting. I'm sure someone knowledgeable on the actual cutting part will be along to help. Good luck with the project. On another note what kind of carbon fiber vinyl will you be using? 

I have cut over 20' of vinyl with my SC, and it tracks all right. You just have to get it really well aligned to begin with, and run out about 10' to verify, and then go.

48-foot-long stripes? Is this for a semi-trailer?

it says for his car...  First sentence..  What kinda car is that long? :rolleyes:

"i was thinking to cut a carbon fiber stripes for my car."

it says for his car...  First sentence..  What kinda car is that long? :rolleyes:

"i was thinking to cut a carbon fiber stripes for my car."

Stretch Limo

Keep in mind that a roll of vehicle carbon fiber wrap vinyl (which you would want to use for this) is going to cost more than an SC cutter. If you can you should upgrade your cutter so you don't have to worry about tracking so much. 

• Like 1