Dr X

PLEAS HELP NEWBIE - PCUT creation ct630 & Serial/Parallel connection issue

Is there a way to change say the LTP parellel port system on the cutter to a USB version ?

I`m thinking if i can change this then it might work via the USB lead system ??

Any advice would be realy greatfull as i have tryed most ways up to date and at my ends tedder.

With a new motherboard and side plate that has the holes for the Serial and USB connections.......should be possible.

Hi kenimes

Were could i get the revelent information on the new motherboard and side plate ? do US Cytter sell them and if so how much ? or a link to were i might go would be great as i`ve read some people have replaced their MB`s and such which is the reason why i ask.

I`m going to but a parellel lead to usb from a supplyer here in the uk just to make sure its not the lead with the cutter thats at fault as i have just formated my pc and re-installed all the major system info and still the same issue with the cutter not been reconised.

In the cutter into it says there is many jobs that have not been done, so the software and such is working but its not been picked up via pc and so i`m thinking its a lead.

Will post back as soon as i get lead and hopefully will work fingers crossed lol.

Jim

Well its been a busy day today trying different things but i think i`m nearing a sulition.

I have had a reply from a forum owner on a different site informing me of some very interesting information regarding my cutter and wondering if it can be my issue.

I`ve been informed that even thoe i do have a LTP parellel lead type cutter, it is the Creation HK version of the cutter and not the Creation SZ version, my version of cutter is part of the  KCut and Kingcut brand.

So i`ve been informed that it is most likly a driver issue i`m having as the cutter is a older version and one that is no longer made.

I`ve been told to give a holler to JERRY as he would know best, so jerry if your about m8 could you eather PM me or maile here were i might get the drivers please.

Or any other member that know were i can get the drives i would be very much greatfull as i`m thinking it is a driver after all the problems i`ve had, well i say this with fingers crossed.

Thanks again

Jim

I think you are right about that. Jerry was (and may still be) in China but I am sure he (or Bruce) will be able to help you out. I know that Jerry knows more about cutters than anyone I ever met.

Meanwhile...go to the setup screen in Signblazer and under CUTTER there are 4 or 5 KingCut drivers. Try all of them,one at a time and see if one of them works. You might get lucky.There is one for the KingCut A30 I know.

Hi kenimes

Were could i get the revelent information on the new motherboard and side plate ? do US Cytter sell them and if so how much ? or a link to were i might go would be great as i`ve read some people have replaced their MB`s and such which is the reason why i ask.

I`m going to but a parellel lead to usb from a supplyer here in the uk just to make sure its not the lead with the cutter thats at fault as i have just formated my pc and re-installed all the major system info and still the same issue with the cutter not been reconised.

In the cutter into it says there is many jobs that have not been done, so the software and such is working but its not been picked up via pc and so i`m thinking its a lead.

Will post back as soon as i get lead and hopefully will work fingers crossed lol.

Jim

We sell the motherboard for $80, and the side plate would only be $8. It would ship from our warehouse here in Woodinville, WA

Hi john

Just finished trying the different cutter versions in the cutter system in SB and still not a peep.

When you say

go to the setup screen in Signblazer and under CUTTER there are 4 or 5 KingCut drivers
i take it you mean in cutter and then cutter setup choose one of the Creation KCUT system ?

If so i`ve given them all a try and even tryed them again with changing things like Xon-Xoff ect but still nothing.

As you say jerry is the person that knows all about them in side out lol and so i`ve been given a top man in regards if it can be fixed with a driver he will know lol.

But its also good to try see if other members can help like yourself and others as that shows community spirit in the forums, and is what it is all about, and hopefully if another member has the same issue they might find the post helpfull and so that is all good.

@ Kenimes

Hi ken, do you know how much it would be in total including posting it to me here in the UK ?

Because if it comes to it, i am going to have to buy the motherboard and side plate as i`ve spent a lot already on the system, and i know a lot of people say they are a good work horse, and as i could`nt sell it back on in the state it is in i would be more than happy to pay the extra money to get the cutter up and runing.

Thanks for any info.

Jim

well, this is all very interesting to me...

I've just joined this forum but Im afraid not for the right reasons... read on:

our friend Dr X Jim from Liverpool, sold me this cutter via ebay just over a week ago; I paid good money for it, and collected it from Jim at his home in Liverpool. He plugged the cutter in and demonstrated the off-line test square using paper and the pen. He did not plug it into the PC and show it cutting any vinyl, but me being totally new to this scene, I accepted the cutter as working fine.

I was given a couple of cables and told that the drivers were available online, along with signblazer on a free trial to cut from. Jim also mentioned something about getting the settings right. Off I went with the cutter.

1st problem: I wasn't given the right cables, so couldn't plug it into the PC... told Jim but he never offered to send the right one on to me.

2nd problem: no signblazer software appears to be available anymore

3rd problem: I've bought this cutter which appears to be a rip off chinese machine which people cant seem to get working.

4th problem: after getting a 9 pin adapter for the 25 pin cable, still nothing is picked up in device manager so no connection being made.

I have communicated with Jim through ebay over this, and now asked for my money back, as it appears that the cutter he sold me as working, does not work. (BTW my pc runs XP). Jim says it does work, I showed ou the test square. This does not prove that the cutter works. I've now been told that I need to either buy the USB mboard convertion or try running it on an old PC with an older OS... and no offer of a refund.

I am getting the feling I've been ripped off after reading this thread, and Jims other thread over on the Tee shirt forum. Neither threads reach a satisfactory conclusion that Jim got it working, although he claims he did, oh, and I must be reading some other posts, not his..

if anyone can help, I'd be grateful, but it isnt looking great.

Read the new bie manual in the instructional section here and 10 to 1 your problems are solved.

Paco

Hi there Guys, I am in New Zealand and have been trying to get my Pcut working for months now. I have also tried to get help from other forums, but I get no response, reading through this thread I see many interesting ideas that may help me.

I have a creation Pcut 630 its old looking now but I believe it to have never been used yet. It was origonally just a USB plug on the side, I could not connect.! It was mother board version 8 (the mother board is in the base of the cutter). So I purchased a motherboard version 8.8 that had the 10 pin header for a serial connection, trouble is I dont know if the machine should have a 25 pin or 9 pin Dsub plug on the side plate, also dont Know if its female or male. From what I have gathered so far I have been told that is should be a 9 pin,Dsub, but still not sure if its male or female, I have a connector that has a 9 pin male Dsub plug to experiment with, so anyway it  is a 9 wire grey ribbon cable with a 10 pin black header plug at the motherboard end, I believe one pin is unused. ,,, So I also dont know if the cable between the PC and Cutter is modem or null modem and have been experimenting with two cable ends and a joining block inbetween them, trying all the different pin out  wiring that I can, the day it starts cutting I will probably sheet myself with fright. So anyway it still does not work, I am using sign blazer on windows 7

Not 100% sure but I bet it's a null modem cable.  Sounds like quite a project. Wish you all the luck. Welcome from Idaho. We get a wide variety of experience on the forum. I suggest starting a new thread with specific mention of rewiring your USB connection and maybe someone who has done this will see it.