wareagle2

adobe illustrator cs-6 with us cutter series sc

Would i be able to cut contoured fonts useing the included "cuts alot pro" or should i buy the adobe illustrator cs-6? And is this supported in the SC SERIES cutters?

thanks

Adobe illustrator is not cutting software. It is design software. There are no cutter drivers in it.   You need cutting software for your SC cutter.  Sure Cuts A Lot is both.  Design and cutting software.

What do you mean by cut contoured fonts?

I want to cut fonts in an arch or in a circle formation. So the cuts alot pro should be all that i need to do this? Thanks for the reply

Download the trial version of Sure Cuts A Lot and try it.  I don't use it.  And also Inkscape.org is Free software. and should be able to be, imported into SCALP software.

Inkscape is also not cutting software.

WarEagle apparently has purchased an SC machine and received the included CALpro CD disk.

What he wishes to do is called "Text follow path"

Nobody said  inkscape  was cutting software,  but if SCALP can't  do cut on Path. designs..  inkscape files  can be imported into SCALP the last time I looked  SCALP can import .svg files.  Which was my intention above.

No problem, SKEETER, I've simply misunderstood your posting.

According to the video offered above, text to path is a standard feature of CALpro

Thanks but I haven,t bought any cutter yet. Im just trying to see which one i will need to just cut fonts in straight line  ,circle and arch formations. I cut all my graphics by hand. Some have lettering and cna,t cut fonts by hand.

yes slice and dice ,the image is just what i need to do

The very inexpensive  $270. 34" MH series also will provide what you are seeking.

Think i may bumped it up a notch with the 25" SC SERIES and a roll of greenstar stencil material. Hows that sound?

thanks for the info. merry christmas

Can you change the direction of the text or the side of the curve?

Can you tell me how to change the direction or the side of the curve the text goes on?

Wareagle, you will be able to cut lettering in all sorts of shapes. SCALP Pro 3 that currently comes with the USC machines has a basic set of design tools and a cutting utility to allow the program to direct the plotter to cut the various designs. If you decide that the SCALP program isn't sufficient then you can either grab Inkscape from online and design with it or go ahead and pay for Illustrator which is nicer in my opinion but also considerably more money. Any way you go about it you will have and need the SCALP program in order to cut so you aren't out anything if it's already packaged with your machine. There are several other cutting programs out there, some let you design and cut some just cut but most of these other options are more money than SCALP. I draw in Illustrator but own SCALP and use it to cut the designs I make. You will draw a line to the shape you want your text then type on the line. I haven't played with the SCALP design side much but it appears to function similar to Inkscape which in turn is similar to Illustrator, they're all vector graphics programs that essentially manipulate the desing in similar fashion. If you have been hand cutting then you are going to have a great experience with your new cutter that will leave you giggling like a school girl. Even these budget minded units like a lot of us run are freaky accurate. They all have their own personalities and you will have a learning curve but they do great.