Sign in to follow this  
TrackDaySolutionsLLC

New to cutting - question on best software to start with..

Hi to all - I just purchased a used ZenCut Black which only came with the ZenCut wondows software. I'm trying to start out slow with a simple to use piece of software that's native for the Mac. I just downloaded the trial version of Sure Cuts a Lot Pro for the Mac, but after I did that I realized that the ZenCut Black isn't listed as a supported cutting plotter. Shoul dit work anyway? Is there a better low cost alternative that someone can suggest ? Thanks in advance...

Pete

Track Day Solutions LLC

From what I've been reading here, Sure Cuts A Lot has been been jumping through hoops, on a daily basis, to address problems, and bring their software up to the specific needs of every possible configuration. What I'd do is contact them directly and give them the specs on all your hardware, and be patient for several days. Don't spend any money trying to hurry-fix a problem that may very well be free. You've already said you're starting out slow, so just maintain that attitude; may take a week, may take a month, but as long as you focus on your wants/needs, it'll come to fruition.

I don't use a Mac (although I absolutely love them), so hopefully a Mac expert will come along to offer you more/quicker advice to get you cutting.