Sign in to follow this  
ThermoPuke

Experience getting TM and CRight authorizations

I was wondering if anyone has any experience getting TradeMark and Copyright reproduction authorizations.  My goal is to start a business selling large decals for computer cases.  I want to be able to sell logos from the major hardware companies like Intel, nVIDIA, AMD, ATI, etc.  I have contacted Intel, nVIDIA, and BFG via email, but no one has responded at all and it has been a week!  I thought at least BFG would reply since I sent the message through the "General Inquiry Form".

Do you think these companies would allow me to sell decals of their logos?  It's like free advertising!

Opinions???

Guest Terry

I have done Harley for dealers... But I wanted to do computer wraps for WOW ( world of War Craft ) and they said NO!!! then I see computers by Dell being sold with it!!! They stole my idea.  :huh:

I told nvidia last year that many people would buy their logo to put on their cases, but I have yet to see it in their store.  It's a cheap way for them to make extra bucks.  So it's like: If you're not going to do it, at least let me make some money doing it!  I guess I'll have to escalate and actually call them.  At least my Aunt works at Intel in Oregon, so I might be able to get somewhere there.

To me this is silly waiting weeks for a single reply.  Say "YES", "NO", or aknowledge the email.  It's very simple!

Terry, how did you contact Blizard to get a response?

Right now I don't even have a cutter.  I just paid for one and will be picking it up today from USCutter.  I just have no idea what I should be proposing: a paid royalty partnership, independent (do my own thing), or ask them to make decals for me so the designs are regulated?  Do I submit samples and hope I don't get canned for copyright infringement, or just ask for permission to duplicate the logo?

Guest Terry

My wife plays WOW and Lord Of The Rings. She gave me the email, not sure if she got it from support or what. I wish I still had the old mail I would post the response for you to read. It was quite awhile ago.