prettybird

Open type fonts suddenly stopped working on Flexi

Hello, I am using Flexi sign pro 8.1 and I have some open type fonts that suddenly quit working yesterday. (two of them are bickham script and filmotype honey) It seems like all my open type fonts quit working, but my true-type fonts still work. I opened my paint program to see if the font works in there, and it does work in there, just not on flexi and they were working fine before yesterday. Any ideas on what I can try to fix this? I tried re-downloading the filmotype one from where I purchased it from (myfonts.com) but it still doesn't work. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks!

I have the same problem. I am using flexi starter 8.5 for windows.

I am trying to reinstal now.

When you select the font everything is normal then when you type nothing shows up?

I did the system restore. Fixed the problem. Installed Microsoft updates. It made the problem come back. Did a second system restore and turned off automatic updates and flexi is working fine again.

Basically if you run windows 7 do not install windows updates yet.

I had win 7 for awhile, back to XP pro now and there it will stay. I can't think of a single reason to change.

I'm using XP. I've been trying to do a system restore but it won't let me for some reason so I guess I will try reinstalling flexi and see what happens.

Windows did an automatic update last night which caused some problems with Post Script type fonts and Flexisign. You can uninstall the updates and turn off automatic updates for your computer. Flexisign is aware of the problem. I read about this on another forum. http://www.signs101....ad.php?t=101766

Here is the procedure I used for Windows XP

Step 1

Click the Windows XP “Start” menu and select “Control Panel.”

Step 2

Click “Add or Remove Programs.”

Step 3

Click to enable the “Show Updates” check box, located at the top of the window. This option displays all security patches currently installed on your system.

Step 4

Select the update you wish to remove, and click the “Remove” button next to the item in question. If prompted for confirmation or further actions, follow the instructions presented on the screen to complete the removal procedure.

For Windows 7 you can follow the link in the First Link above.

Below is a quote from another website.

We've taken several support calls today regarding an issue where PostScript fonts have stopped working within Flexi after last night's Windows update. We've heard reports that this is also happening to Corel users.

The Windows update affected 64bit operating systems from XP to 8. SAi is currently working toward a solution, but until we find one, we recommend against installing this latest Windows update. Learn more about the Windows update here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2753842.

If you have already installed the update and are having difficulty using Flexi, you can uninstall the update: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...move-an-update.

Steph Stamm

StephanieS@ThinkSAi.com

www.ThinkSAi.com

• Like 1