Sign in to follow this  
JennD26

Trying to decide on a cutter

I started out with am Mh-721 for myself and my mother. Mine only lasted about 3 months, and then I purchased a Zencut which I absolutely love. My mom has had her MH-721 for about 6 months and hers is now starting to mess up. She is ready to replace hers but only has a budget of around $500. We were looking at the Laser Point II. She is using this for Wall decals, and that's about it. Any recommendations?

This is the top of the line in Value cutters.. and at $500.00 Quieter,, a ton of memory, and great tracking. Buy the best you can afford..also does contour cutting., but if you don't want to spend the $500.00 I guess you step down and lose those features. Louder machine with less memory, and don't know the tracking on it.

http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/product/product_id/2315/category_id/3/product_name/USCutter+TC+Series+Vinyl+Cutter+w+Sure+Cuts+A+Lot+Pro++Design+%26+Cut+Software

There are a lot of users here who have great things to say about the SC series,including a member who uses it daily as his main business cutter.

http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/product/product_id/2534/category_id/3/product_name/USCutter+SC+Series+Vinyl+Cutter+w+Sure+Cuts+A+Lot+Pro++Design+%26+Cut+Software

Hmmmmmmm, wall decals, what sizes are those?

She was doing them with the 24" unit, so I imagine that there's no need for 48" wide vinyl (50" cutter)?

I'm using the SC as my workhorse in a sign-making store, producing everything from massive 28"-high letters on business sign faces all the way down to small decals (today I did a Maltese Cross with fine details & small lettering inside it, for a local Fire Station)

However, as SKEETR noted, the TC is reportedly quieter and more robust than the SC.

For $600, you can obtain the 31" TC unit with stand, and I have no doubts that your mom will be delighted with it as a Christmas present!

The LaserPoint II is exactly the same price ($600 for the 31" size).

It looks very similar to the TC, except it has red endcaps, while the TC is clad with black endcaps.

Thanks guys! Whatever I get I only need the 24" cutting space. It seems all units are pretty comparable. We do probably 15-20 decals a day on her machine, maybe more for higher volume. We were hoping to wait until January because then we could get a graphtec, but her machine is barely hanging in there.

Thanks guys! Whatever I get I only need the 24" cutting space. It seems all units are pretty comparable. We do probably 15-20 decals a day on her machine, maybe more for higher volume. We were hoping to wait until January because then we could get a graphtec, but her machine is barely hanging in there.

what's wrong with her machine? might be a simple fix. Many have ran those MH cutters for years. Have you contacted tech support?