JennD26

Text not showing up in signcut when saved to EPS

I usually use Inkscape but my OTF font was not showing up at all, so I made a design in Illustrator. All text with some text glyphs. The file would not show the glyphs when saved with anything other than EPS. I have to save it as an EPS under Illustrator 8, anything newer and it doesn't show up. When it does show up only some of the text is shown. I tried grouping the two texts together, and that didn't work. It's like the other text isn't even there.

In Corel I have to convert all my text to "curves" - not sure if you have to do that with AI, but it's something to look at...

Pat is correct.  In Illy, select your text - right click - click 'create outlines'.  Save as AI version 9.

Same Highlight your text right click "Create outlines" Under file I have sent to sign cut (AI CS4)  I never save it down. maybe I should.

After you create outlines you can have fun at that point modifying the font also.

good luck

Yup... I like to modify the fonts as well. Gives the client a one-of-a-kind logo, sign, &/or graphic that you can

sell the file to them or hold on to it as a 'retainer' for future work. (Makes you the 'go-to' guy for the next project involving it.)

Last time I talked to SignCut they told be to save it down to version 8 but that was a while back so maybe 9 works just as well. I believe down saving drops out some of the features that cause the program confusion like multiple artboards etc.