Krookz

Glass etching

Figured id share some stuff im working on, and have done so far. These first 4 are a Christmas gift for my mom. They took forever to setup... Cant wait to blast the 3 I have left.

gallery_27310_97_1436861.jpg

med_gallery_27310_97_52717.jpgmed_gallery_27310_97_288235.jpg

med_gallery_27310_97_62931.jpg

• Like 1

Im using Greenstar vinyl. I tried some Oracle and it sucked, kept pulling up while I was blasting. I have some 80? grit black aluminium oxide I picked up from Harbor Freight. Running about 50psi

Like it, great work... I got the Paasche air eraser in earlier this week, gettin revved up to tear up all the glasses in the house...

Bruce

Like it, great work... I got the Paasche air eraser in earlier this week, gettin revved up to tear up all the glasses in the house...

Bruce

Let me know how it works. I'm looking at that one.

The blasting cabinet comes with the gun, does it do good on small items like glassware?  I have found myself doing a lot of etching and now considering getting a cabinet from TSC or Harbor Freight. 

The blasting cabinet comes with the gun, does it do good on small items like glassware?  I have found myself doing a lot of etching and now considering getting a cabinet from TSC or Harbor Freight. 

What you see above was all done in the TSC cabinet. I went with their's because of the light. Rest of the stuff between the two really didnt matter to me.

Here's the media: http://www.harborfreight.com/44-lbs-black-aluminum-oxide-abrasive-70-grit-99945.html