tammy h

Laser Point II Set up Help

I have the Laserpoint II and I know when I purchased it I stumbled accross some instructions for the typical speed/ pressure settings, but now I can't find what I did with that information. I have been able to use it for basic things... But I need help with setting up the cutter (and what blade to use) for things with tiny- tiny details. I am working on a semi design that has tiny lights/ grill details etc. I am having a lot of trouble weeding it.

I have the blade depth correct I believe because I used the instructions (cuts thru a top piece of paper and not the 2nd) but the details want to "stick" together and tear a little when weeding. I'm wondering if I should be using the different degree blade and/or a different cutter setting.

Please advise if there's more information out there on this type of setting info...

Tammy

Below are the basic setup instructions for the LaserPoint II. Watch the un-boxing and setup video for detailed instructions on setting the home origin, adjusting the blade, speed, pressure and more! And while we're at it, here are: Complete How-to videos on using Sure Cuts A Lot Pro and Vectorizing with AI, Corel, Inkscape and Signblazer

2012-12-21_1525_zps3cccf485-1_zps4e20419

2012-12-21_1526_zpsdb6ff845.png   2012-12-21_1526_001_zpsbf83ace3.png       2012-12-21_1526_002_zps62b89b30-1_zps9a4      

I've only just of my laser point running as well. Been using 45degree blade and 400 speed with 110 pressure. Worked well so far. With weeding I have discovered you need to pull angularly across your design and the closer to 180° fold when stretching the weeded piece the better. Its certainly an art I haven't figured out exactly yet.

I hate to ask - but I need more help and this time a little urgently...

I am cutting out a 5" long x 24" wide piece in 2 colors. I ran the 1st color and noticed my tracking was slightly off.

Then when I started the 2nd color- the tracking varies by about 1" or more back & forth. I've not run into this problem before and have no clue what to do.
On this machine it appears that the pinch rollers need to be set on the white marks above them. I've done that and never had an issue before.
This was supposed to be a Christmas gift and since I've never had a problem before- thought I could run it tonight with no problems.
It's for a family member who knows they are getting it - so it's not a biggie in this case. However, I have a "job" for a semil box that will require a long length of material to be cut.

I read on here to try cutting the material and not pulling from the role. I've done that and no luck.

Please help!

Tammy

With all due respect, I asked for a little constructive advice ...

I didn't have "$500" to spare- and thought this would be fun- I bought the 50" cutter and wanted a good starting point because there are a lack of businesses in our area to provide this service satisfactorily. My husband needed decals for his truck and hadn't had great success getting what he wanted when he wanted it so we thought we'd give it a go. It sounds to me, like everything else, even the most experienced of user have issues, but it's a lot of trial and error and listening to advice from those that have more experience.  I didn't want a costly investment on something that I might not like to do on an ongoing basis. Everyone has to start somewhere and so far this seems to have been a good small investment. 

I have had a ton of success cutting with this machine so far thanks to the willingness of the helpful people on these boards that help out - and the great advice from the UC Cutter people.

I have narrowed down the possible issues and am trying again this morning. I had increased the pressure and it seems my depth might be too deep -so I might have been using too high a pressure & too deep a cut for this type of big project.

Tammy

• Like 2

Your problems are exactly why everybody out there with $500 to spare shouldn't be buying a cutter.  My .02. 

Tammy  h,, just ignore this guy..my  opinion>...he is so RUDE, and arrogant on here,, that he actually had to change his name. But we know who he is.. And a name change didn't change his attitude, same rude, arrogant , and disrespectful person.> MY opinion.....  He really is PISCESPOKERBRAT. You can read his other posts and see how BA Humbug and rude he is.. And he bought a value cutter also., Guess HE only had $500 to spare.  Guess he is not selling enough coffee beans!!!!... He obviously has a very unhappy life, and wants everybody to join him.. Don't let this person bring you down.. Your doing great.... 

There are many, many helpful and nice people on this forum...Just IGNORE this one....don't let this one person, ruin the forum for you.. .This is a GREAT forum, with a lot of valuable information here..   Have a great holiday...

• Like 5

Wah wah wah what a bunch of babies!

Your the baby, crying for attention here, Jeremy  >. my opinion........Just another useless post you made...  Jeremy    You obviously haven't learned anything on here,,, to help people..If you don't like this forum, the people, or the business,  Feel free to SIGN OUT>>> I don't think anybody  will miss YOU!!!>   .My opinion, 

• Like 1

Tammy, you need to make sure that your vinyl is installed in the cutter straight before you begin cutting. If it isn't, you get the results you see.

I will put the roll on the holder and thread the viny through the machine.

While holding the roll in place, pull the vinyl snug and put your pinch rollers down.

The most important part is once the machine is on.

Take it offline and advance the vinyl back and forth to make sure that it tracks straight.

Repeat the first part until you get very little movement across the cutter when it advances.

Put the cutter back online and cut away.

And I held my editorial comments toward WWBSOL to myself.

Thank you Jay 2703 & Mz Skeeter! I was shocked when I read the response because I'd never seen anything like this from someone on this forum before. I re-read the post because I thought I'd read it wrong.

I have found this forum extremely helpful - and the advice on here has helped me get rolling!

I re-read several posts with people having similar issues and just as you suggested I wasn't being careful enough about lining up my vinyl. I thought I was- but - I guess I wasn't. Then- I think a second part of the problem was that I had increased my pressure to 105 based on what someone else said they used. Although this made for much easier weeding, I think it was adding to my issue.

Thanks again- and Merry Christmas!