jasonskanks

Screenprinting vs Vinyl

A team came to me and wanted shirts with a design on the front and name & numbers on the back. I have screened the fronts but have a question about the back. Someone told me I was crazy to think about screening them and told me to use a vinyl heat transfer. Is that what you guys would recommend also? Does the vinyl have the same look as the screen printing? Or is it super glossy?

I have a screen printer that does alot of team stuff and he screens the fronts then comes to me to have the names and numbers pressed on the backs

MM64 B)

I did some youth basketball T-shirts with white Siser Easyweed. It's not glossy at all. If you like screen printing you could use cut/weeded vinyl in your screen instead of emulsion. I've seen it done on youtube and I'm about to start trying that out.

heck check out stahls . com and they have packages that you can order already preweeded (if you choose vinyl) and prescreened transfers too all ya gotta do then is press them - my next order is for a church wanting names/numbers on back I'm going vinyl :-) good luck