lawman12

can these be vectored?

apparantly Im doing something wrong, I did exactly as you said and when I try to select the dots the whole entire image moves, is there something else hidden on there that I should use to select the dots Im trying to use the arrow that is on the left side at the top

that's all I used The select arrow. Zoom your picture up first, make it big,, so you can select the dots. (and not everything else.)

I just got home from work and took a look at your svg file and all those dots are from using bad settings when you traced the image. On something that simple and that bad of a file to start with, you would have saved a lot of time by learning to manual trace it. Its really easy once you play with it and learn it.

An easier way to delete all those dots is to click edit path by nodes, which shows all the nodes, and then make a box around all of the ones you want to delete and just hit delete. Easy peasy, I got rid of them in 20 seconds. That file still needs a lot of work, I would never try cutting that but if it works for your job then have at it.

well if I knew how to "clean it up" I would, its hard enough to ask for help on here, because people think that I want someone to do it for me, that is not the case, If I "knew" already how to do it then I wouldnt be asking for help. and some come on here and post a link and say smart remarks like "almost 2 years" you need to view this video" Dont you think Ive looked at it alredy? If there is setting that need to be changed then it need to be stated in that video. I appreciate the help that i have received. I just know that this like other "help" forums is all about people expecting everyone on here to be an expert. I am no expert, I am still new at this and try to learn how to do different things, using different softwares.

asking questions is how you learn. Ignore the smart remarks. Some people can't resist.

Thank you Banner John, its the smart remarks that makes people not want to ask questions, I dont mind doing this by myself, that is why I ask questions

The best way I found to learn how to do something is to push a button and see what happens. I dont want to know how many times I hit control Z to undo the last mistake. My Z key is probably going to break soon. Theres nothing wrong with asking a question and a lot of the "experts" usually forget the ones they are helping arent experts as well. But you have to understand that a lot of people ask for freebies so they can make a buck. Were stuck here doing all the work and see nothing but maybe a thank you. It gets old quick.

Try searching youtube for manual trace in inkscape. Its not the only tool you'll use to make vectors but once you learn to master it, it will be the one you go to the most. Play around with it some and then come back here with your sticking points. We'll help you as much as we can. But you have to show some effort.

I have pushed buttons but the desired effect does not happen, so I keep pushing buttons and clicking here and there. I like inkscape, Ive even bought a program called vector magic, but inkscape if the one I use the most. I try to move the Nodes around and get these weird shapes so im not sure that editing nodes is for me. and yes lol I think my z key is going to fall of sometimes. I thought software was supposed to make everything easier and to use less paper, but I see that I use more paper, I lay a piece of paper on my screen and physically trace with a pencil, what I want and then scan it in. I guess thats the way im supposed to do it, i guess that is what ive got to do with these also

You have to practice. And read and watch videos and learn the right question to ask. Youll get there. Im teaching a friend how to use inkscape. He always wants some crazy complex stickers so I told him. You learn how to design it and Ill cut it. But he also has to weed it. I think I got the best deal. He calls me all the time. "How do I do this?" "How do I make it look like this?" Ill tell him and his next questions get more complex. Hes learning it. Inkscape is an easy program to learn because its free. Try learning photoshop or corel! Those programs have a learning curve. Youll throw your computer into the street trying to learn those damn programs.

Read around the inkscape forum on here, Youll even come across some of the questions I asked to learn. Theres plenty of help here. If you have any questions and dont want to post a new thread, just PM me. Im home during the day since I work at night. Well get you to stop tracing your screen real soon.

ok this is what I have done so far, there were too many lines when I looked at the wire frame view, and I have deleted what I could without deleting important ones. can someone view this in wireframe view and tell me if there is anything more that I can do to clean this up

cobra with ribbon1.ai

just a helpful message for you.  very few people will be able to import that.... it is too new of version of Adobe Illustrator.. 

i tried to post it in cdr format but it wouldnt work, would a pdf be better?

I meant,, save it back in an older version.. If you have Adobe, you should be able to save it back in an older version...I have CS2  and I can save it back in older version.   Most people on here have older software and can't import newer files.

Here it is as an EPS file. Well if I can upload it anyways. Well it wont let me upload because the file is to large. Ive never seen an EPS that was two large. 

But that needs tons more work. Youll never be able to cut that. If you look at it and see all those lines. Thats a different path the blade will take. Your practicing on a very hard graphic to vector. I dont even think I can do that one. Its not going to be easy. If you really want that done, youll have to pay to get it converted. Should cost to much. Start with simple pictures to convert.