louis clarke ii

Etched Christmas gifts

The flask looks good. The Skyy vodka was my first shot at the etching (the centering is off) I just wanted to check the results. Easy to do. Got my inspiration from you guys on here.

I did notice the centering was off on the Skyy, I didn't think it was worth pointing out as I am sure you already knew :-) That is one of the things I struggle with most is centering.... my suggestion, drink that bottle and try again till you get it right :-)

I did notice the centering was off on the Skyy, I didn't think it was worth pointing out as I am sure you already knew :-) That is one of the things I struggle with most is centering.... my suggestion, drink that bottle and try again till you get it right :-)

I just put a few tick marks around the ends/top & bottom to help align the stencil. Just using oracal 651 vinyl. Works like a champ.

Try taking a flexable ruler and measure from seam to seam then devide that in half and put your mark on the bottle. That is what I found works the best for me.

Hope it helps

Bob

I just put a few tick marks around the ends/top & bottom to help align the stencil. Just using oracal 651 vinyl. Works like a champ.

are you chemical etching or grit blast?

are you chemical etching or grit blast?

Using a CHEAP air eraser with 220gr aluminum oxide abrasive. About 25.00 for the cheapo air eraser at harbor Freight and another 10.00 for 2lb of abrasive. Just using Oracal 651 for the stencil.

Try taking a flexable ruler and measure from seam to seam then devide that in half and put your mark on the bottle. That is what I found works the best for me. Hope it helps Bob

Good idea, I was using a steel tape measure.

I put these on the stencil to help in alignment.

sandblast.jpg

What is the font name you used here? Everything looks great by the way!

Edwardian Script ITC. I just "fattened" it up a little bit.

For small items like this I use a center finding ruler like this one:

http://www.woodcraft.com/PRODUCT/2000444/1729/CENTER-FINDING-RULE-12-STAINLESS.ASPX?refcode=10INGOPB&gclid=CKDC8ILikrQCFQqk4AodFRYArQ

Makes life much easier/faster.