Sign in to follow this  
kelliann

Chrome Vinyl on Vehicles

I have a customer who wants Chrome Vinyl on the side of his commercial vehicles. I have not used a chrome on a vehicle. What are some recommendations from the fourm?

It will scratch over time though - I use the coburn and it looks great - any chrome I have seen that looks nice and shiny scratches also

['

I also heard that most 'affordable' chromes have very poor life when under constant UV exposure... I've got two rolls of metallic polyester film that I thought would be useful, but having read so many people complaining about how it fades, discolors and deteriorates in as little as a few months of summer sun, I've been afraid to use it for anything intended for outdoors...

Maybe I should stick a small piece on the tailgate of my truck and see how it actually holds up...

But, yeah, like Dakotagrafx said, it does scratch real easy - just wiping it with a paper towel was enough to scratch some that I installed on a glass tile for use as a nameplate... :-(

i bought a "cheap" roll of chrome and did text on my back window it split open and cracked and went dull within 2 months  in the sun but the side of car is fine after 9 months

Yes, shiny chrome does not hold up too long and shiny gold turns chrome looking quickly. Both are nightmares when it comes to removing them after they have been weathered for awhile