Sign in to follow this  
mrrask

Creation PCUT CTO1200E - help

Hi everyone.

I am running signcut x2 on mac osx lion. i am using inkscape to create vector files in eps format, then signcut can read the files. i am producing skin covers so i am cutting small models a kind of contour cutting i guess (correct me if im wrong). The vinyl i am using and cutting through is 3M Di-noc.

But i have had a lot of problems with my creation pcut, but i am not sure that the problems are caused by the plotter, by the vinyl or by the software i am using.

Problems is that the plotter is not cutting accuracy every time. For example if i am cutting an iPad skin cover front then it is missing sometimes about 4 mm to the left side. If i then try to cut this ipad front cover skin one more time then it fit correct.

what caused this problem is it the creation pcut, signcut or inkscape or the vinyl or can some kind of what did you say a kind of waves with air under the vinyl?

It is pretty cheap in 3M di-noc film and very frustrating.

Hope somebody can help me as fast as possible.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Is it making the skin 4mm too large/small or is it not cutting a feature that should be cut?

how can i explain, ehh, the variation of the cutting accuracy is different, an example could be. First cut dont have the exact dimensions, all i can doo with this skin is throwing it out. Then i try one more time and then the dimensions of the skin i perfect and it fit perfect. If i then try third time to cut the exact same skin template, it is not cutting accuracy and have wrong dimensions like the first example.

It is a bit difficult for me to explain it correct, but i have add som pictures of my problem.

White carbon did fit perfectly, and the zebrawooden skin did not fit perfect at the left side.

Why can i not add an image to this topic?

BTW. i have created an album which shows the problem i am talking about:

It looks like it may be an issue with tracking of the cutter. Make sure your pinch rollers on in the correct place and adjust the tension on them if your machine allows it.

Hi Jay.

I have added an image to the gallery, which shows how i am setting the pinch roller. Is the correct, or can it be caused by bad pinch rollers?

or can i be caused that i have some kind of small waves on the 3m dinoc vinyl, which is all most looking like that the liner is crimped?

Have also attached an image of what i mean about that.

Hi Jay. I have added an image to the gallery, which shows how i am setting the pinch roller. Is the correct, or can it be caused by bad pinch rollers? or can i be caused that i have some kind of small waves on the 3m dinoc vinyl, which is all most looking like that the liner is crimped? Have also attached an image of what i mean about that.

I'm not Jay2703, but I will answer.. Yes, both pinch rollers should be set like that, holding your vinyl. Or 3 pinch rollers.

How wide is the vinyl your using? It would depend on how wide of roll you are cutting. You don't state.

Also make sure that there isn't any vinyl stuck to the gnurled area of the rollers.

Hi MZ Skeeter

I am using 3M Di-noc, which is 1.26 meter, and the cutting wide is 120 cm. is this to wide or. What did you mean by you dont state?

Hi Jay.

Im am not sure what you mean by the gnurled area of the roller.

Sorry i dont understand but will you please try to explain it in other words?

I mean,, you don't state what size vinyl you are using in any of your info on this page. I guess I have to get a metric/ inch converter to do the math. Most people in US deal with feet and inches..

And the knurled roller is the bottom roller, the metal roller. Make sure there is no vinyl sticking to it.

Oh, I see from past posts you live in Denmark. I guess that is why you use metric.

From reading your previous posts from since March 2012, you have had nothing but trouble with this cutter, cutting correctly.. I have tried to help you several times.

Sorry, nothing more I can help with..

<p>Now i understand. </p>

<p>Thanks MZ skeeter. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Yes yiu ar probably right i have had some troubles with the cutter, but some of the issue was my fault. But i am looking for at new plotter, I would rather prefer a roland or something like that. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>BTW. there is no vinyl sticking to the knurled roller. </p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

• Like 1

Yes, a professional cutter with a servo motor cut very well, I personally own a Graphtec FC7000-MK-75, purchased new in 2008. I would buy another. if I had to.. You will get more bang out of your buck with a Graphtec. The stand comes with the Graphtec, for the same price. Good luck , hope you get it figured out, .

I dont know anything about graptech cutters. Whats i the price for a graptech cutter and are der other very good alternatives? I donknow much about cutter manufactors other than roland (now) graptech, jaguar, zumma and puma?

I guess you really have to figure out, what is the best deal for you in Denmark.

Purchase the best you can afford.

But a cutter with a servo motor, and not a stepper motor, is going to cut much smoother and accurate.

<p>Okay, that was my next question, but you already answered me, i will look after a plotter with a servo motor :)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks. </p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>