Sign in to follow this  
Radioactiveman

welding on adobe

Hello, Im doing some tshirts and just curious if anyone knows how to do a little trick.

See picture below, In the tail I want to like in sb weld or combine the word "cafe" into the tail so that I can take the letters out and the outline is cut into the tail. So when i print it onto a positive it shows through.

Thank You

post-3941-0-97290200-1354254514.jpg

And to answer your question use merge as long as all items are outlines and same colors

really that's awesome, the lady that owns it is a nurse that i work with, thanks for your help! I am new to adobe and still tring to figure everything out

I would recomend using "minus front" which will accomplish what you want without leaving anything in the hole you are trying to create. Some cut programs like SignCut will recognize the knock out letters as objects of their own and male a second pass over that area when you are cutting. I use merge sparingly due to this little issue and usually go into the layers list and find the open objects and delete them. not sure what cut software you use so maybe its not an issue with your program.

I ended up selecting the two objects then going into transparency and clicking make mask, then checking invert mask. that did the job, since I am making a positive to screen print with so I did not have to worry about my plotter making a 2nd pass.

Thank You all who posted