d0m0nic

Christmas Mugs

Here are a couple of new projects I have been working on for Christmas, they are all ornamental bauble designs. I have made some cards with them and cut some from vinyl for decorating mugs. There are two files with 3 designs each, 3 floral and one with bells, holy and fir cone. I have put them on my new site www.craftyvectors.com

post-27136-0-01919900-1354101673.jpg

post-27136-0-27218300-1354101692.jpg

post-27136-0-27092800-1354101701.jpg

post-27136-0-30628200-1354101721.jpg

• Like 3

Yes, what vinyl did you use on the mugs. If it is just stuck on, would it be dishwasher safe?

Has anybody tried ciser easy weed on mugs with a heat press?

If that's regular vinyl, i would just use them for decoration. Vinyl tends to pick off pretty easy under hot water.

I just used normal vinyl and stuck them on, I have washed them by hand a few times and they look the same, I will take the vinyl off after christmas anyway so its ideal for me!

I just used normal vinyl and stuck them on, I have washed them by hand a few times and they look the same, I will take the vinyl off after christmas anyway so its ideal for me!

I've used regular vinyl on many washable things before and have never had a problem. I just tell people to wash by hand & it seems to work ok.

Your link to Your New Site is either incorrect or you haven't quite got your site up and running yet?

Nice graphic work on the images, Your designs?

Your link to Your New Site is either incorrect or you haven't quite got your site up and running yet?

Nice graphic work on the images, Your designs?

might be a while before they answer - only had 6 post and hasn't logged in for about a year

I have done the acrylic tumblers with regular 651 vinyl for my kids and they have lasted for almost 2 years now with regular hand washing

• Like 2

I have done the acrylic tumblers with regular 651 vinyl for my kids and they have lasted for almost 2 years now with regular hand washing

Joker, are you putting the vinyl on the outside of the tumblers or somehow taking them apart and placing it in there? I have thought of doing this, just worried about the vinyl coming off of course.

Do it right on the outside. Graphics go through automatic car washes all the time without falling off so they stand a great chance on a tumbler.

• Like 2

Do it right on the outside. Graphics go through automatic car washes all the time without falling off so they stand a great chance on a tumbler.

I guess you're right. haha, didn't even think of that... I have always been worried about the cup "sweating" or the person handling it all the time.

I've done a few along with coffee cups and nobody has ever said anything about wear and tear and believe some of the people I deal with would be screaming refund first chance they got.

might be a while before they answer - only had 6 post and hasn't logged in for about a year

lol, yeah Your probaly right, I didn't even notice the date.duh :blink:

lol, yeah Your probaly right, I didn't even notice the date.duh :blink:

They may be gone but you still got your answer. B)

K5 i put them on the outside.. If you take the cup apart it will be ruined.. The vinyl holds up well on them.. I recommend to people not to put them in the dishwasher..

• Like 1

hand wash is recommended but i put mine in the dishwasher all the time. Lazy of me i know but a good experiment. I use Oracal 651 on my stuff.