motoxchic

Where to get marking pencils?

I cannot seem to find the Stabilo All pencils anywhere in town and to ship 3-4 pencils is averaging about $10, 3x the price of the pencils. Anyone know where I might be able to find either free shipping or somewhere locally? I have tried Office Depot, Michaels, Walmart, Target. We have an Aaron Brothers I need to check also. Seems like the "art stores" have "art pencils" not marking pencils.

If you are talking about grease pencils/china markers.... I had the same problem. No one carries them any more. I ended up finding a decent deal on the big auction web site. I had to buy a box (10 i think) but they were so cheap it didn't matter to me to have a few extras laying around. I will probably never need any more......ever :-)

The cheapest I could find online was 2 red for $4, free shipping. It was the only color though on a auction site. I might do that. What color did you get 10 of? Was also an option I was thinking about, but not sure what color to settle on until I run across something in a store one day.

ETA: does the brand matter? I was looking at the Stabilo All pencils, I *think* they are a grease pencil??

so "grease marker" is the generic term for a marking pencil that wont stain, etc? There are so many Stabilo pencils, it was all getting a little confusing. i will check that out, thank you!

I bought a box of white and a box of black so I have a light and a dark color....hope that takes care of most of my encounters

I did a search on Office Depot's site under "China Pencils Peel" and came up with 8 hits. On Ebay I did a search for "Grease Pencil" I set my search for buy it now and lowest price and shipping. I got a a few hits for 12 pencils between $8.00 and $10.00 with free shipping.

Thank you! I guess my question should have been, what other names would I look up for the right kind of marker :)

As previouley said, Staples carry them in store, at least the black one, I got a dozen for $10.00 last week.

That is the one office supply store we dont have here. They do offer free ship on their site though, so i will check that out.

I just bought two boxes. Signwarehouse had the best deal i could find on stabillo pencils. I hate those peel type grease pencils for marking vinyl. ;D