twistedmonkeydesigns

laserpoint II with sure cuts alot pro contour cutting help

Ok, Mike Northman from US Cutter got with me on the phone and took me through step by step on how to set the laser up on the registration marks. Believe me, It is a lot easier lining the cutting up. I thought I was doing fine with the blade, but with the laser, it is a lot easier. If anyone wants to know how, just ask me, and I will call you and walk you through it, or you can call Mike and he will take over your computer and walk you through it. I am now successfully cutting decals, stickers, and tee shirt designs with ease. I am going to try to find someone to work with me and make a video of how it is done.

• Like 2

that would be great muggschots - if someone could help you with the video it would teach so many others how to do this without needing to call support or even start dozens of threads asking - seems like usc would get on that too

I think they need one of these to help them out.

post-40404-0-27376500-1369674010_thumb.j

I ordered coroplast blanks 1 day and as soon as I got the invoice I realized I ordered the wrong color so I called to try and catch the order and they said sure no problem. A week went by no blanks and most orders only take 2 days so I called again and oops we made a mistake and they'll go out today, sorry. OK especially since this started due to MY mistake so 3 more days go by and I call again and again oops we made a mistake but this time they actually sent them almost 2 weeks late. If it ain't easy they're in trouble.

Can someone tell how to contour cut without using the laser point as i cannot get the laser point to configure for some reason the laser point remains in on position and when i go to configure it the blade carriage goes all the way to the left and stays there going back and forth and i have to turn off the cutter to get it to stop and help would be greatly appreciated by the way the software i am using is scal pro3 thanks

If you want, I could give you my number and you can call me and I can walk you through it on the laserpoint.

I just recently purchased Sure Cuts a Lot and the Laser Point II but haven’t been able to get figured out yet.  I’ve talked to a few people at US Cutter and have been very hit and miss with getting things figured out.

My problem is this:  I’m creating a design in Adobe Illustrator and then creating the cut path as well.  I’m then trying to figure out how to print that design from Illustrator or Lightroom so it’s on my paper and then using Sure Cuts A Lot to do the contour cutting.  What I gather is supposed to happen is that in Illustrator I create and print with registration marks, and then when I bring the cut path and registration marks into Sure Cuts a Lot, it, or the cutter, is supposed to be able to find the remaining three marks after I tell it where the first one is.  But this whole process is what gets me.  I can’t figure out how to get part working together.

I can't seem to find videos that show the transition part, getting it from Illustrator to Cuts a Lot and then to the cutter.

Any help would be AWESOME!

• Like 1

Just leave your email so I can send it to you.

my email is eddiehickman@eddiesdesign.net let me know also when a good time is to call thanks

I just recently purchased Sure Cuts a Lot and the Laser Point II but haven’t been able to get figured out yet.  I’ve talked to a few people at US Cutter and have been very hit and miss with getting things figured out.

My problem is this:  I’m creating a design in Adobe Illustrator and then creating the cut path as well.  I’m then trying to figure out how to print that design from Illustrator or Lightroom so it’s on my paper and then using Sure Cuts A Lot to do the contour cutting.  What I gather is supposed to happen is that in Illustrator I create and print with registration marks, and then when I bring the cut path and registration marks into Sure Cuts a Lot, it, or the cutter, is supposed to be able to find the remaining three marks after I tell it where the first one is.  But this whole process is what gets me.  I can’t figure out how to get part working together.

I can't seem to find videos that show the transition part, getting it from Illustrator to Cuts a Lot and then to the cutter.

Any help would be AWESOME!

you have to download the adobe illustrator plug in you can find it here http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/282/65/sure-cuts-a-lot-pro---adobe-illustrator-export-plugin once you have design done il illustrator you would go to file go down to scripts and then choose send to scal and it will go to cuts alot

Just leave your email so I can send it to you.

i would like to know how to set it up alsom my email is dirtbikeq2@yahoo.com

I had trouble calabrating my laserpoint 2 threw sure cuts a lot so i called us cutter they had someone call me back who was an expert on contour cutting. He walked me threw calibrating the laser on my machine as oposed to the software it worked like a champ after that.

Muggschotz I know this is an old thread but having the same problem you had. My email is dopeysd619@gmail.com if you still see these post hopefully you can send your number and a good time to call thank you. Anyone else that can help would be great to thanks

• Like 1

I had trouble calabrating my laserpoint 2 threw sure cuts a lot so i called us cutter they had someone call me back who was an expert on contour cutting. He walked me threw calibrating the laser on my machine as oposed to the software it worked like a champ after that.

Share the wealth

There it is right there (I put it in BOLD) ie. "calibrating the laser ON the machine as oposed to WITH the software"

I had the same issue with contour cutting. I’m using the Cut A Lot Pro 3 and the LaserPoint II. First it took me a while to even figure how to initiate the feature. I finally learned that in SCAL 3 PRO it’s called “PRINT AND CUT” not "CONTOUR CUTTING". After that it wouldn’t calibrate correctly or cut correctly when using the Print and Cut option. I finally got it to work though. I don’t know why it matters, but you need to make sure that you are using the software to move the cutter/laser to the registration marks during calibrating and cutting. I was doing it manually on the cutter during these steps. Even though I calibrated it, it would cut/draw off to the left almost like a shadow. Once I did it with the software controls it was right on. I know this is an old thread, but I hope this helps.

• Like 1