apetree1

Sorry....one more request....pretty please... :)

Is anyone able to change this file so it can be cut? It is a .eps file, but my cutting software won't see it? Help....... :) I need it for a customer wanting to make vinyl logos for cups for the company. ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks so much in advance. You all are such a wealth of knowledge and a HUGE help to me! :)

UUUUGGGHhh....It won't upload the file....:huh:?? :( Is there anyone I could email the file to who might be able to help me?:huh: PRETTY PLEASE>..... :)

I can't get the pic to post....UUUGGHHH....I have it saved. Is there anyone I could PLEASE email it to, to see if you could PLEASE help me??? :( Thanks in advance.... :)

OK the problem with the file is it is a bitmap image not a vector. You will need to vector it or redraw it.

Here is a JPG of the file.

I'll check it out in the morning when I have my graphics computer up.

post-21090-0-26545900-1353990867.jpg

sorry but really!! you are asking someone to waste their time making a decal that my 11 year old daughter can make in like 5 min. do yourself a favor sell all you equipment and get a real job. it is people like you that are killing this business. "i bought a cutter and now i am a design shop". you can't even make an oval with the oval tool oh wait that is the circle tool then you stre... never mind you will be out of business soon. i have to admit i started out knowing nothing and now i own a shop with a 54" printer and a graptec fc 7000 cutter and on entire screen printing setup. in about 4 years. but i never asked how to make an oval.

• Like 7

sorry but really!! you are asking someone to waste their time making a decal that my 11 year old daughter can make in like 5 min. do yourself a favor sell all you equipment and get a real job. it is people like you that are killing this business. "i bought a cutter and now i am a design shop". you can't even make an oval with the oval tool oh wait that is the circle tool then you stre... never mind you will be out of business soon. i have to admit i started out knowing nothing and now i own a shop with a 54" printer and a graptec fc 7000 cutter and on entire screen printing setup. in about 4 years. but i never asked how to make an oval.

You said what a lot of others were thinking :thumbsup:

I'm loathed to share my work on here at the moment, however, i will email it to people that contribute to the forum :thumbsup:

Really, this one is so easy....any novice should be able to manage it,

I really don't think the intension of this section is to provide free artwork

to anyone who asks. Many of us are happy to help in a pinch but we

would rather TEACH YOU how to do it on your own than be a free

graphic source.

Sue2

• Like 2

Wow! Thank you all for being so helpful. I have tried to help contribute by sharing graphics and doing what I can. I obviously am not as advanced as any of you or as gifted as you. No I am a stay at home mom who is trying to help her family by working on small projects in her basement at night. I didn't realize this was such a huge ordeal and I do apologize. I thought for someone experienced they could put it in a vectorizing program and it would take them a few minutes...so again I am sorry for asking for help. I didn't see or hear anyone helping to teach me I just saw a lot of meanness. Thank you for your tips and I'm sorry for corrupting your board.... Have a wonderful night....

I think you are missing the point, you posted in your first post, you wanted someone to do the work for you, so you could get a job done for your customer. no where did you post that you needed help or would like someone to show you how to get it done. had you posted your results and asked for help with certain areas of the graphic, you might have recieved better results. you should in the future at least try and do the job and then when you get stuck with a certain problem, then ask for help. most people will bend over backwards to help if you have already at least tried to do it first. just my 2c.

• Like 4

Really,, nobody teaching you? It has been written here I'm sure over 100 times on this forum how to vector images. I have posted how to vector, too many times to even count. And so have many other people. So, nobody is teaching you huh? That info is readily available for anyone to read 24-7,, including you... It is also listed in UScutter support. on the main USCUTTER.com site with pictures how to. Why don't YOU take some time to read and learn? That IS your job!!! YOUR job is to read and learn and teach yourself..Not everybody doing it for you. We can show you how, and we have. .We all read and learn everyday. Or we would not be where we are today. This forum was not even here when I started in 2006. Or for a lot of other people. I taught myself. I took time to read and learn. Because it's my job, to read and learn and practice, practice, practice. It is also your job, if you want a business. You are not even showing an attempt to help your self. Where have you posted your image that you vectored? Where have you showed your attempt at vectoring??

And even for someone inexperienced, it only takes less than a minute to vector an image. So, why don't you give it a try...

And as far as you being a stay at home MOM, working nights in your basement. WE ALL have something going on... Do you really think we are all just sitting at our computers waiting for the next question to answer on the forum? For a lot of people this is a second income, sometimes 3rd income. Single people raising kids. working full time jobs , and selling vinyl graphics on the side. BUT we all have to learn how to do our own jobs to have a business. But if you really feel that you can't do it, or too impatient to try, there are people who get paid to vector images.. Several on the forum.

Once again posted from USCUTTER support, how to vectorize in inkscape.org LINK BELOW.. . And inkscape.org is FREE software. And there are many, many tutorials on inkscape. on the web. Feel free to search and read.

http://start.uscutter.com/software/inkscape

USCUTTER support pages.

http://support.uscutter.com/

• Like 7

Wow! Thank you all for being so helpful. I have tried to help contribute by sharing graphics and doing what I can. I obviously am not as advanced as any of you or as gifted as you. No I am a stay at home mom who is trying to help her family by working on small projects in her basement at night. I didn't realize this was such a huge ordeal and I do apologize. I thought for someone experienced they could put it in a vectorizing program and it would take them a few minutes...so again I am sorry for asking for help. I didn't see or hear anyone helping to teach me I just saw a lot of meanness. Thank you for your tips and I'm sorry for corrupting your board.... Have a wonderful night....

Trust me.. this is how I feel some days! I think that they all have their 'click' and newbies need to be hazed or something to allow us in!

• Like 1

Trust me.. this is how I feel some days! I think that they all have their 'click' and newbies need to be hazed or something to allow us in!

@piscespokerbrat...Seeing as how you know how to vector, you can show her how,,seeing how she claims none of us have taught her how to vector since March 2012, when she joined.....and I have posted that link many, many times since March 2012.....

• Like 2

ooh no this doesn't happen to everyone. I was a "newbie" not to long ago. I read way to much. Figured out how to vector, made a few decals to decorate my cutter and figured out the basics, then asked for pointers. I said, "here's what I got so far, how would y'all make it better" Then Jay I think(who ever makes the videos) was so so kind and made me a video of how to fix my problems. There is more then enough talent on this forum to do just about anything. But when someone comes on here and says, hey I got this job, can you do it for me and then Ill make money. That doesn't sound fair. There are services out there to get something vectorized but you have to pay. We do it out of the kindness of our hearts and for me to practice so I get better.

• Like 4

I think if this forum wasn't here, there would be a ton of used vinyl cutters on the market. People so frustrated of not being able to vectorize, or have no clue how to run their vinyl cutters. Some REALLY used,, from being thrown from high places and run over by vehicles from frustrated people LOL

• Like 1

Lol your probably right Skeeter. Sometimes I still want to throw mine in the pool. I really need to get a graphtec.

Anyways. What if you split your profits with everyone who helped you get your jobs done? Sounds fair. Hell, Ill work for you.

Lol your probably right Skeeter. Sometimes I still want to throw mine in the pool. I really need to get a graphtec. Anyways. What if you split your profits with everyone who helped you get your jobs done? Sounds fair. Hell, Ill work for you.

Sounds, great to me also.. Sometimes I make a little comment on my posts,

"just flip your quarter in my hat sitting on the floor as your walking by", LOL, I never do hear that.... CHING....!!!.

• Like 1

apetree1 wrote: Wow! Thank you all for being so helpful. I have tried to help contribute by sharing graphics and doing what I can. I obviously am not as advanced as any of you or as gifted as you. No I am a stay at home mom who is trying to help her family by working on small projects in her basement at night. I didn't realize this was such a huge ordeal and I do apologize. I thought for someone experienced they could put it in a vectorizing program and it would take them a few minutes...so again I am sorry for asking for help. I didn't see or hear anyone helping to teach me I just saw a lot of meanness. Thank you for your tips and I'm sorry for corrupting your board.... Have a wonderful night....

piscespokerbrat' wrote: Trust me.. this is how I feel some days! I think that they all have their 'click' and newbies need to be hazed or something to allow us in!

No, from what I have seen, those that come here showing that they are TRYING to learn are helped above and beyond.

Most forum members here are very generous with their advice and help when others are struggling with a problem....regardless of whether they are a new poster or not. No, this is not "hazing" this is trying to get people self-sufficient. If you are going to be using a cutter you HAVE to be able to vectorize...at least the simple stuff.

Jeremy, "Clicks" as you call them exist everywhere...some people call them friendships.

Sometimes attitude is everything.

Sue2

• Like 1