illixirstudios

MH 721 MK2 Random Cuts

I have used this cutter for almost a year with no issues until the other day. I am using sign cut, USB, and have tried this same file on several different machines. When I cut a design with some tiles disabled, the cutter starts to do its thing and then randomly starts cutting odd shapes several inches from where it should be. I would think this is some kind of memory issue, but it cuts the same odd shapes in the same wrong spot each time. Please help!

Well, my cutter is a 30" so I have to cut the whole thing out in strips. I am currently working on cutting just the bottom part where it says "Mexican Imports" in grey. The cutter cuts "M ex i n Im" and part of the grey chunk its in, then it feeds out 20 inches of vinyl and cuts long lines through the fresh vinyl and shapes that look like funky letters. Its almost as if its turning the design 90 degrees when it gets half way done.

That is a little strange. At the moment, I just have the grey layer selected. I will get rid of the tic marks and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: I tried it without the yellow tic marks, still a no go. I have also tried with a keyspan adapter, and it produces the same result.

You should also weld the Sweetwater text together.

I must have missed that. It let me cut out all of the letter shadows last night using the same file, I don't understand why it would mess up on a different part of the same file.

I am using Sign Cut so my wire frame looks very different. I tried Sign Blazer, but I couldn't seem to get my cutter to jive with it. I have attached a screen shot of my wire frame.

post-24753-0-27831300-1353779127.jpg

I cut it using a pen and paper and I saw some places where the letters slice in. This is usually due to duplicate or extra nodes.

This is a picture of tow of the places where I saw this.

http://screencast.com/t/puHPaHue3

I used Node Edit in SignBlazer and saw that there were duplicate nodes:

http://screencast.com/t/izhxrRg2ZgB1

When I deleted them, it seemed to cut fine.

Here is the .eps that I ended up with.

Latis.EPS

The file I posted cut fine. Is your machine grounded?

Yes sir it is. I have the paint scraped off of the stand where the wire connects, scraped off of the cutter where the wire connects, and scraped off of the cutter where the ground lug comes in from the power connector. I used a multimeter and it shows continuity from a lug on the stand all the way to the ground pin on the power connector.

Have you tried it with a serial cable or keyspan adapter? You may need to..

I have tried it with both :(

Have your tried to reinstall Signcut? Or maybe a complete reinstall of everything.. Start fresh,

Yes I have. I have also tried the same file (and several other files) on three other computers at my shop with the same result. I have tried Windows XP, 7, and 8. No luck. :(

Yes I have. I have also tried the same file (and several other files) on three other computers at my shop with the same result. I have tried Windows XP, 7, and 8. No luck. :(

3 computers with the same results = an issue with the cutter...

• Like 1

hola a todos tenel mismo problema debes cambiar el valor de velocidad de la precion y velocidad en el programa aunque yo corto con flexi 7.6 y estas maquinas dan mucho problema

hola a todos tenel mismo problema debes cambiar el valor de velocidad de la precion y velocidad en el programa aunque yo corto con flexi 7.6 y estas maquinas dan mucho problema

translated from the net...

Hello to all tenel same problem you must change the value of speed of the pervasive and speed in the program even though i short with flexi 7.6 and these machines give too much of a problem

HOLA ALGUIEN SAVE COMO CORREGIR EL MILIMETRO QUE NO CIERRA EN ALGUNAS LETRAS

translated from the net:

HELLO SOMEONE SAVE HOW TO CORRECT THE MILLIMETER THAT DOES NOT CLOSE IN SOME LETTERS