motoxchic

Transfer tape overlap bubbles, what to do? pic attached

I covered an old yellow 24" x 7' piece of plexi with red greenstar vinyl (as a background). I only had 12" transfer tape, now I have bubble lines through the middle .

1. do i pop them?

2. is there ever a time where you HAVE to overlap, if so, how do you avoid this? (other than using a wider transfer tape which I will have to invest in for the future).

20121119_175457.jpg

Try to work the bubble into 1 or 2 large bubbles and pop em. Work the bubble from the farthest point towards the popped area. Wide tape definitely helps but bubbles can happen, even more so on plexi in my experience.

Jay

Thank you! After posting this, I went back out and my husband did just that. So, I am assuming its best to use wide tape or make sure the overlap runs through the "thinner" areas of text, then just work out and pop?

thanks for the fast reply. this is my first job and its kind of big :) almost done!

Any overlap will cause bubbles. Even when hinging vinyl st bottom to apply I always leave enough backing paper at bottom so none of my tape hits the vinyl