deftone

Help vectorizing layered text in Corel

Can somebody please help me out here. I had to recreate a number for a customer in Corel. It's outlined and also has a shadow. What is the best way to turn this in to a vector?? If I export it as an .eps file, it obviously cuts the numbers, outline and shadow seperately which won't work. If I use Vector Magic, I'm down to 2 seperate colors/layers, but it cuts the red numbers out of the black background. How can I make it so it only cuts out the outer black part so I can layer the red on top of the black. Does this make sense to anybody?? hahaha Ugh! i swear I'm sober.

post-8648-0-33373000-1353103679.jpg

make ur numers and turn them red. create a offset in black, then duplicate the offset and make ur shadow. weld the offset and shadow together and put ur red back on top.

• Like 1

It still didn't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I figured out another longer way to get it done. haha Thanks for the help though. I appreciate it.

It still didn't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I figured out another longer way to get it done. haha Thanks for the help though. I appreciate it.

It will pay off in the long run to learn the proper way to do it.

Yeah I know. That's why I was asking. I should probably just go find some video tutorials. I'm one of those people that kinda need to see it being done.