Sign in to follow this  
Squewheet

MH871 won't cut...then hits red button on side.

I have cut one design on the MH871 cutter. And I have screwed up a few. But I had some issues since I am using this on my mac thru vmware fusion that has a win 7 with flexi 10. But what is happening is that when I send the design from Flexi 10 the cutter moves to the side and then hits the red button and then it just keeps hitting the red button and it says test on the screen. How can I get this to stop doing that. All help you be appreciated.

Thanks,

Squewheet

I have cut one design on the MH871 cutter. And I have screwed up a few. But I had some issues since I am using this on my mac thru vmware fusion that has a win 7 with flexi 10. But what is happening is that when I send the design from Flexi 10 the cutter moves to the side and then hits the red button and then it just keeps hitting the red button and it says test on the screen. How can I get this to stop doing that. All help you be appreciated.

Thanks,

Squewheet

You must hit the ORIGIN button on the cutter first ,,before sending a cut. (If you are not doing that. ) That will be your starting point. And make sure your design is not larger than your vinyl,

I set the origin first before I do that. Below is the steps I do.

1st: I import my design that I made in illustrator into flexi 10

2nd: I hit cut/plot button

3rd: I adjust the document in flexi cut/plot to be read to cut

4th: I set origin on MH871 cutter

5th: Send design to cutter

Now after I send the document after doing the steps above the cutter just moving to the side and hits the reset red button and then it says test on the lcd screen and it does that again..........over and over until I shut off the machine and I hit reset and then I set the origin again and try but it does the same thing again.

Are you putting your vinyl to the far right on your vinyl cutter when you start? Also, do you have the carriage head to the far right edge of the vinyl? Vinyl cutters cut right to left.. When standing in front of the vinyl cutter.

And you were advised it may not work on a virtual machine.

Yes I know that it might not work on a virtual machine. But it has worked for a few cuts and now it has gone crazy. It's kinda acting like a printer when you have tryed to print multiple pages and it does work and the in freezes and then when you get it to print it just print all over the place. I made a video of what it is doing. Link is below.

Video url:

I have deleted the program and re-installed my keyspan driver and then installed a 8.1 flexi program that i bought. And then setup the machine to work with a roland pnc-1000 setup and it still does the same thing. I know that it might seem like i am being annoying with this. But I would like to see if anyone has had this problem. I have ordered a windows computer but it's not here yet and I have a few jobs to cut and would like to get this fixed before I get my new windows computer.

I have solved my issue finally by myself. But what I had to do is unplug the keyspan from the computer and plug it in with just the usb. Then I had to make sure I had my vmware fusion 4 detect the cutter when I plug it in the computer. And once I did that I went into the devices and installed the drivers and now it works just fine.