mars

Wishlist for SCAL3Pro features you would like to see added.

Hope ths will be a topic where ideas for improvements to SCAL3Pro can be available for the developer to get wquick input from the USCutter users. Feel free to add your thoughts.

1- In another topic there is already a request for a tiling function to make cuttable pieces of a design too large for your machine or your material.

-- it should allow you to set for pieces that overlap to keep from showing spaces if the material shrinks after you install it.

2- I would like to see a duplicate/array capability to make it easier to design and cut a sheet of small stickers.

Just a couple of wishes to start tlhe list -- look forward to seeing what others are wanting added.

-Mike

• Like 1

The ability to import .eps files should be the number ONE improvement.

• Like 2

I agree 100 % about needing to import EPS files !!! I have not gotten up to speed with ScalP , but will . ! feature I really like in SB is the ability to offset an outline & the way it conforms to the text ( especially casual fonts ) .

1) .eps file support

2) zoom in/out with mouse wheel

3) keep nodes visible all the time when in node edit mode.

4) easy node editing emulating something similar to SignBlazer

-Scott

• Like 1

If you clcik on the " Type Tool " ( big T on the tool bar ) a window comes up to show what font is being used , if you click on the button there is a scrolling bar to change fonts . That method seems to be standard on all softwares that I have tried .

Some of the things I really like about SCAL is the ability to match font size line by line a the click of the button; also the ability to size one letter at a time and quickly adjust letter spacing one at a time. Making standard fonts bold when needed is a simple move as well. While I am not familiar with many different sign making software, this one sure seems simple to use for most common functions. R.

• Like 2

Just a quick note here version 3.039 is out now. I wish there was a change log for us to view. It would be nice to know what changes have been made on each of the updates.

:rolleyes:

If you clcik on the " Type Tool " ( big T on the tool bar ) a window comes up to show what font is being used , if you click on the button there is a scrolling bar to change fonts . That method seems to be standard on all softwares that I have tried .

Thanks Rodger, I will take another look at it.

There is a ver list and changes on the craft edge down load page I looked at it last night as I updated ver 3.039

Along with tiling I would like to see step by step cutting. Also duplication/stacking like Mars suggested.

I just did a couple node edits and found it slightly easier. But the nodes still do not stay shown at all times while node editing.

I would like to see very fine lines for node editing instead of the thick lines. Or is there an option to change it to thin lines?

Scott

Along with tiling I would like to see step by step cutting. Also duplication/stacking like Mars suggested.

Ditto on Stacking - the only way to do it now is to select shapes and center them (to the cutting mat - not to each other) then you can select them and move the out of the way to work with other shapes -- Much better to have the capability to align and/or stack shapes to each other without reguard to where they are on the mat.

Ditto on Stacking - the only way to do it now is to select shapes and center them (to the cutting mat - not to each other - though it does have the result of them being stacked/centered ) then you can select them and move them out of the way to work with other shapes -- Much better to have the capability to align and/or stack shapes to each other without reguard to where they are on the mat.

One thing that would be nice on any sign software - the ability to print a "concept proof" scaled down to fit on standard size paper. That way you design the sign, print a proof for your customer and make any changes directly in the sign software.

Any software can do the sizing ... make it 8" X 11" or whatever you want . If you have a printer , you can do what you suggest . If you have a vinyl cutter , you send the file thru e-mail .

Full EPS support!

And a rubber-band box for that zooming. Would be nice if it also had a magnifying glass cursor that would zoom in (left click) and zoom out (right click) centered on the point clicked.

And did I mention full EPS support!

And what everyone else said ^-^:bear:

Full EPS support! And a rubber-band box for that zooming. Would be nice if it also had a magnifying glass cursor that would zoom in (left click) and zoom out (right click) centered on the point clicked. And did I mention full EPS support! And what everyone else said ^-^:bear:

Those are there already in a slightly different way.

Click on the toolbar "+" and you can click on a point you want to work on - it generally stays centered on the point you click and gets larger with each click so you can guide it to the area you want to examine as you zoom in. While in this mode you can also click and drag a "rubberband box" around an area and it will zoom into that area.

Click on the toolbar "-" and you can zoom out by clicking on the point you want centered and it zooms out a bit more with each click with the new size and the screen centered on the object you clicked on - no rubberband box though.

I agree on .eps -- too common a file format t not be useable in serious software.

-Mike

• Like 1

There are many tutorials , many on the SCAL 3 disc I got :) . I have watched all the included vids & a bunch on YouTube etc . They go over the zoom tool options & many more options/tools in the tutorials . Like all softwares , SCAL does things different than others . What 1 learns on is always the easiest because of being familiar with the steps to whatever end you want .

• Like 1

Thanks mars. I think the '+' and '-' may be a bit counter intuitive but if it works, fine. I wonder about "generally stays centered on the point you click" ^-^

I have no doubt that they're working hard on scalp, but for me, I need rubber-banding and EPS. Hopefully this weekend I'll have some time to give this a serious workthrough. I've been too tied up with hauling wood and ham radio lately...

Speaking of which Rodger. Who has the time to watch videos? :blink::bear:

• Like 1

If you install the script in Illustrator, you can directly export an .eps into SCALP. Not as easy as being a native format, but it gets you there. Plus, it's easier to edit the .eps in Illustrator.

I've been too tied up with hauling wood and ham radio lately... Speaking of which Rodger. Who has the time to watch videos? :blink::bear:

Hilarious Bear !!! You being a USC Super Hog & being tied up with Ham radio .... I can't help but think of Roxy with the tied up part ... Be carefulll Ole Stetty & Assh will get jealous !!! :lol::bear::angel: