Signs Down Under

SignBlazer Ver 5.1

Loaded my SB Hotshot ver. 5.1 onto a XP computer that l want to use just for cutting.

I bought SB back in 1999 so it has no Creation cutters listed in the set up, and the problem l have is running my Creation CS 1200 (G) out of it, it has a Laser Point or Redeye so basically it’s the same as the USC Laser point, l can get the cutter to run using HPGL but when it finishes a cut the blade doesn’t come back up and l have to turn the cutter off and back on again to reset.

Also another problem, on larger files it cuts really slow no matter how fast l set the cutter at but on a small line of text it cuts at the speed l set it at, would be OK if l had a Roland or Graphtec or any other cutter that is listed but l don’t.

I actually run this same cutter from my laptop using SBE and select USCutter Laserpoint in set up and everything runs perfect with no problems what so ever... so my question is if anyone knows or could help, can l somehow get that USCutter Laserpoint into my Hotshot version so it shows up in the cutter list, l have looked in SB program files but can’t see anything obvious, so l was thinking is it a .dll file that maybe l could copy and paste from SBE to SB Hotshot so that Laserpoint shows in the cutter list... not sure ?? Was thinking it must be able to be done because USC got it into SBE right ??

If anyone has any info on this it would be very much appreciated, or if anyone from USC reads this maybe they could advise me if this is possible or not and lead me in the right direction.

Thank you. :D

I would just use the extra design features of the Pro on your laptop and cut from SB Elements. You could even have both loaded on the same machine and just design from the Pro and when it time to cut open the Elements version.

Thanks Jay... Only problem is l cant put the pro on my laptop because it has the old style dongle (Hasp Key) that connects to a parrarel port which the laptop doesn't have, it's loaded on the desktop using XP as l said which does have the parrarel port.

I did have SBE on the desktop but when l went to load the pro on it, it said it was searching for other versions of SB and wants to over ride it as if l can't have 2 versions on the same machine.

Like l said it is an old version of pro l got back in 1999 and it doesn't show in programs and features like the Elements does, it sits in a folder under local disk © Now l have the pro on there l will try and load SBE and see what happens, will be doing it the other way around now.

If that works well then yes what you said would be ideal... will give it a go and let you know how l went.

• Like 1

@Jay2703...

Managed to get both SB Pro and SBE onto my desktop... thanks mate.

Think this is my best option and looks like it will work well for me... have a bit of an issue with SB font conflicts but should be able to sort that out.

Still would be interesting to see if l could get that cutter set up from Elements into pro... But I'm happy :D

I can now design in pro with all the extra goodies and cut in SBE all from the one machine and no hassles cutting :thumbsup:

I was thinking exactly the same thing but can't find the drivers in both versions, that's why l was thinking it has to be a .dll file... But which one there are so many, think you would need to know where the file hides to do it.