Beardown

Magnet Sign Question......

OK Everytime that I have done Magnet Signs I have used a Paper Cutter( the ones that have the long razor on a handle and you pull down on the magnet strip and cut it off)

I know that this is probaly a dumb question but can you cut this on the cutter? I relized mangents and electronics do not go together ...but what if you put magnet side down? Use a dull blad that you have already, and cut it out? My paper cutter is not big enough to cut out a sign that this guy wants.....

I am sure that this is not recommended ..so what do you guys use !

Beardown !

I haven't tried using the cutter to cut magnetic sheets.I figure if it's strong enough to hold onto a car going 70+m.p.h.,it's strong enough to screw up the cutter.I have always used a chalk line a straight edge and a fresh x-acto knife when I do larger sheets that won't fit in my paper cutter.

I have cut magnet material in another cutter, however, I have not done it with the refine cutter.

Put application tape on the back side of the magnet to hold the image together as it cuts.

I do a LOT of magnet work. I go through a 24 inchx 50 foot roll every month,and it's mostly 12"x4" bumper stickers. You do the math,that's a LOT of cutting,and here's how I get a perfect cut every time.

I cut on a table that has an overhang. I have a nice heavy straight edge,and I put my material close enough to the edge of the table that I can clamp down one end of the straight edge with a c-clamp. I hold the other end down with my left hand and cut. Straight clean cut every time. I use a utility knife...exacto blades sometimes wobble or bend. I am right handed so I always make sure I am cutting on the right side of the straight edge.

My straight edge is only 36 inches but you can get a 'drywall square' at Home Depot that is 4 feet,it works great.

Just my 2p worth

i use a square and a good pair of sissors beleive it or not, they cut the magnet really good. i am no good at keeping an exacto on a line.  lol

lue anne

I actually made a video on it i will post ot after I edit it........Works AWSOME ! ! !

I used a razor knife, square, Razor by itself,, and a high grit sandpaper block ...... ABSOUlUTLY PERFECT !! ! !  Looks like it was milled ! ! ! ! !