ppalmernc

Anyone using Cameo?

I recently sold off my 24" Creation Pcut which I owned for 3-4 years. I would like to still cut but I'm thinking about getting something smaller. I've been checking out the cameo and the software looks good.

Does anyone have any input on the cameo?

I recently sold off my 24" Creation Pcut which I owned for 3-4 years. I would like to still cut but I'm thinking about getting something smaller. I've been checking out the cameo and the software looks good.

Does anyone have any input on the cameo?

Am I going to regret going small and restricting my output sizes?

Yes, I do believe you will regret going smaller than a 24" cutter.

Which one of these 24" budget cutters do you believe would be a good replacement for the Creation Pcut?

Is it true the MH series can cut directly from Coreldraw and other design programs?

Thanks for your input.

Which one of these 24" budget cutters do you believe would be a good replacement for the Creation Pcut?

Is it true the MH series can cut directly from Coreldraw and other design programs?

Thanks for your input.

I do believe from other peoples posts, that the Pcut would have been the best bet. Or further up to a Copam. If you cannot afford a Graphtec.

No,, the MH cannot cut directly from Corel. Corel does not give you any adjustments to your cutter ,such as Blade offset.

Look at the refurb ZenCut Green. $799 and includes a plugin to contour cut directly from Corel Draw,

Quote from USCutter Staff Review:

"The ZenCut Green is ideal if you are looking for an inexpensive unit that supports automatic registration contour cutting. If you are purchasing this unit with contour cutting in mind we highly recommend running it via Corel Draw. There are several reasons for this, but the main one is that the ZCG comes with a plug-in for Corel draw that will automatically place the registration marks around your art. It sizes the marks according to whatever you have selected in Corel, so you know that your marks are going to be the perfect distance around your art. This will really save you from the hassle of trying to get your cutter to pickup marks repeatedly, only to find out that you added them too close to your art."

http://www.uscutter.com/Refurbished-ZenCut-Green-Series-Vinyl-Cutter-REZCCGR

Yes, I do believe you will regret going smaller than a 24" cutter.

Well I went ahead and got the cameo and like you said, I think I'm regretting it. Only had it for two days so haven't had much time to play with it. What I dont like is the software is not as good as software that comes with the larger cutters. i think there is a lot that i wont be able to do with this cutter. for one thing i cant use artwork from other sources and I cant manipulate things as much as when i create in corel. Maybe I need some more time.

It would be completely different softwares. Where did you buy the cameo?

US cutter. Wondering if they will let me return it for one of their 24" cutters like the sc model.

US cutter. Wondering if they will let me return it for one of their 24" cutters like the sc model.

LOL you were miles ahead with the PCut from the start... Now your going backwards. :rolleyes:

Why did you get rid of the Pcut?

They offer a 30 day on most machines if I remember. Should not be a big deal at all. The other machines all come with SCAL Pro and SignCut as well for cutting softwares. IMHO you'd be happier. For the price I would shoot for a little more if you can.

14 days and you pay the return shipping. After all, it's not their fault..

http://www.uscutter....e/return_policy

You might want to read this part real good.

D. REPLACEMENT VIA UPGRADE - Customer used/possessed a machine that may or may not have defect/issue but would like to upgrade their equipment:

• Eligible 30 Days from date of FedEx delivery.
  • Customer will pay a 15% restocking fee on the original purchase.
  • Customer will pay for a $35.00 return label to ship back the machine they want to upgrade from.
  • Upon confirmation of return shipment in the form of a tracking number, the new equipment will be tested & shipped to the customer without shipping charge. This special treatment of “no shipping charge” acknowledges the benefit of an upgrade.
  • Important to note: This process cannot be used to downgrade, this process only works with models that have a higher retail price then the original model purchased.
  • Important to note: A new warranty is activated upon order of new upgrade equipment.
  • Important to note: In the case of a non-eligible heat press upgrade that is still under warranty we can extend the offer of a 25% restocking fee w/all standard terms to upgrade to a Maxx, HotTronix, or GeoKnight press.

LOL you were miles ahead with the PCut from the start... Now your going backwards. :rolleyes:

Why did you get rid of the Pcut?

Good question. I wasn't doing a whole lot of big stuff so I thought I would make some room by going smaller. Not a wise move.

14 days and you pay the return shipping. After all, it's not their fault..

http://www.uscutter....e/return_policy

You might want to read this part real good.

D. REPLACEMENT VIA UPGRADE - Customer used/possessed a machine that may or may not have defect/issue but would like to upgrade their equipment:

• Eligible 30 Days from date of FedEx delivery.
  • Customer will pay a 15% restocking fee on the original purchase.
  • Customer will pay for a $35.00 return label to ship back the machine they want to upgrade from.
  • Upon confirmation of return shipment in the form of a tracking number, the new equipment will be tested & shipped to the customer without shipping charge. This special treatment of “no shipping charge” acknowledges the benefit of an upgrade.
  • Important to note: This process cannot be used to downgrade, this process only works with models that have a higher retail price then the original model purchased.
  • Important to note: A new warranty is activated upon order of new upgrade equipment.
  • Important to note: In the case of a non-eligible heat press upgrade that is still under warranty we can extend the offer of a 25% restocking fee w/all standard terms to upgrade to a Maxx, HotTronix, or GeoKnight press.

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet on this one. Lesson Learned.

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet on this one. Lesson Learned.

Being a Graphtec, it should be a pretty good little machine, but by size, it will limit you... good luck

OK, I returned the cameo and received the 25 " SC cutter. Set up stand without a problem. How ever, when try to cut from the program I get no response. The computer is showing that the drivers are installed and working properly but I get nothing. Also I get a message upon opening program that there is a more current surecuts alot program.

any ideas why it's not cutting?

3.033 that comes on the disc never quite did work right with the SC. The current is 3.039. All you have to do is go to www.craftedge.com and click support, then support downloads. It will ask you for the name you used and the serial used to register. Once input youll be taken to a download selection for Windows or Mac.

If you need help beyond that let me know, and I can see what else I can do for ya!