Hoss

At least the Tracing feature works good!

I was really hoping to find a good designer (with tracing) and cutter app in one, and for the intro $50, I got SCALP. I was using SBE before. I'm not very happy with key parts of the design portion (particularly node editing). I also can not get it to cut correctly with my MH721-MK2.

But, I have to say that the tracing tool is great! A couple days ago I decided to try Inkscape and so far love it. After watching one "intro" tutorial, I was on my way and doing all the things I was good at in SBE (but without the data loss and funky UI issues of SBE), and more. But Inkscapes tracing tool is not very good in my opinion.

So right now, I use SCALP for tracing (export SVG), Inkscape for editing, and Sign Cut for cutting.

Will try .037 tonight. I'm hoping that in the next few months, SCALP will mature to where I want. It was only $50 so its worth the wait and getting early input on it.

Yup SCAL3P tracing works very well almost to well for vinyl cutting. I am crossing my fingers node editing in SCAL3P will emulate SBE.

I will say SCAL3P cuts extremely well to the point I only want to use it to cut with. I've been dogged by little tiny scallops in my cuts with every program including SignCut Pro.

But with SCAL3P the scallops are gone. I guess I need to get better working with Inkscape and node editing or just buy CorelDraw.

I am happy that maybe I will have some input into how SCAL3P develops.

-Scott

-Scott

I agree on the tracing feature. It is fast and very good.

Hopefully, the bugs will all be worked out eventually and those of you who got it for $50 will be saying how lucky you were.

• Like 1

Maybe by the time all of the bugs are worked out, my cutter will be supported.