Sign in to follow this  
speleopower

Specific bugs found in the software version 3.036/3.037

Today (11/5/2012) 3.037 was released. Just downloaded it from here. http://www.craftedge...otPro_3_037.exe

I thought I would start a thread to only have bugs that are found. No raves/rants/reviews/suggestion- only true bugs found. Put as detailed information as possible when adding.

The first one I think I found is the "Keep Proportions" button in the Properties menu. If I have text selected on the mat and Keep Proportions selected in the Property menu I can still stretch and compress the text as if the Keep Proportions button is not selected. The same is true if I unselect the Keep Proportions. But if I hold down the "shift" key per the tutorial the font will actually Keep Proportions.

The Keep Proportions button does not work with either fonts or .svg files.

-Scott

Thanks..as per your suggestion, and rant or raves will be deleted.As well as smart remarks. Count on it.

• Like 1

I still cant get mine to work with the graphtec . Did hear right away from Craftedge with a link that also didn't work. I re contacted them and never heard anything so still waiting for a fix. After getting a link sent to me I downloaded that and did see the graphtec on the list, but not my cutter. I loaded that however every time I try to cut something the program crashes and shuts down. I uninstalled it and re installed it several times, still wont work. Hope they get this bug fixed.

Just so anyone reading this if you are having trouble getting the program to load make sure there is no zero in front of the serial #. If there is just delete the zero and you should be good to go......

I thought I would start a thread to only have bugs that are found. No raves/rants/reviews/suggestion- only true bugs found. Put as detailed information as possible when adding.

The first one I think I found is the "Keep Proportions" button in the Properties menu. If I have text selected on the mat and Keep Proportions selected in the Property menu I can still stretch and compress the text as if the Keep Proportions button is not selected. The same is true if I unselect the Keep Proportions. But if I hold down the "shift" key per the tutorial the font will actually Keep Proportions.

The Keep Proportions button does not work with either fonts or .svg files.

-Scott

Scott,

Good idea for a buglist.

The keep proportions only seems to work for entering sizes into the H and W boxes to control the size of the object.

I think this is how it is meant to work - quirky I know - but in the world where this software was born it probably made sense to use check keep proportions and use the property boxes to make the size exactly what you want. Or use the shift and drag to keep proportions when sizing with the mouse. Or just drag it to fit the space on your scrapbook page.

I agree is makes more sense for sign guys to make it lock the aspect ratio even when dragging with the mouse to resize.

-Mike

Per the tutorial video on Craft Edge's website the "Keep Proportions" button is shown to work with the mouse and while holding the shift key. Unless I missed something in the video while in a stupor from being sick.... :-)

Here are a few bugs I found. I am using an MH721 on com1. When trying to print + Cut. The first registration mark centers fine. When I try to center the second registration mark, it seems to have a mind of its own & moves the vinyl & head around & returns to the origin. It has also moved the head all the way to the left once & started bouncing the belt on the gear. I hit reset now every time it heads down there now. I am unable to use the software or the cutter to center on the other registration marks. Next one, when I add the weeding lines around a project. I am unable to cut them as a single job. They will cut separately. Next issue is the rhinestone tool. Every image that I have tried comes out with stray lines of stones, in and around the image. Kind of depressing, but I am willing to stick with it & wait for any & all patches & updates. My fingers are crossed.

Thank-You!!

This is just a repeat of my earlier report. Thought I'd throw it in incase any developer was looking: Program freezes (in Mac V. 3.036) when I hit "cancel" during a cut. Also in WYSIWYG mode when cutting only font (laserpoint I) it stops mid cut. Program acts like it's finished cutting but cutter still says "waiting." I have to reboot the cutter. I was getting it to work in Origin mode but now even that is hanging. Any imported SVGs freeze on "initializing."

Windows XP imported SVGs suddenly make the cutter lose connection. It says there is no cutter attached to the machine. Fonts and files that came with the program only cut half way before cutter hangs and program gets stuck at a half progress bar.

With 20 years of software qa under my belt, I'm surely having a repeatable problem..several actually.

Just a few issues that need correction real soon now.

Documentation and software don't fully match.

I forced the cutter to install as a printer as shown, it was not detected as an unknown device(explained below)

The nag for an update does not take you anywhere. Most curious.... If not for finding the links posted here, I would have likely abandoned the software after a few hours.

My MH 721 loses communication after the first cut. It's a hit or miss if I can get it going again without a system reboot.

The install CD fails to install a driver, as does all of the updates reports "driver not found"( the cutter was not connected)

The software seems to waste quite a bit of material, it advanced the rollers about twenty incches before starting a cut.

That alone is enough to make me discontinue the use of the product. I do mostly small boat registration numbers

system is windows XPsp3, HP xw5000 worksation.

Signblazer worked well, within it limits on this system using a serial port connecton.

I'll read the other forum comments and be back later.

UPDATE:

Seems that another forum member had a similar problem and suggested using another driver selection for use with the "older" MH series cutters.

THAT solved my problems including the material wasting issue. I used the laserpoint I driver.

I would assume that cutters like other hardware can provide a model identiifier on an inquire from software. That feature needs to get on the "B" list.I guess had I called Support, they problem woud have been soved as well

Edited by nmpeter

3.038 Bug: Program no longer freezes. Cutter still hangs mid cut needing to be reset. Program acts as if it's finished sending the information.

Mac OSX Lion

Laserpoint I

It would be more convienent and in line with user expectations if at the announcement of an update available after the version check routine has run if the software would open the correct web page for the current update. Even better if it would downlaod automatically. 3039 installed and activated on my xp system-no issue.

Would still like to see what changes were made in the update version.