Sign in to follow this  
joshlindt

GLOW IN DARK

i picked up some glow in the dark vinyl the other day off ebay and man is this stuff thick and hard to weed not sure if its cuz im cutting with a 45 degree blade or if it is just the vinyl

You should use a 60 degree blade.

I heard it was thick.

What mil thickness is it?

mark-s

will do bro got to go get the blades from the post office today they wouldnt leave them so ill try cutting some later today and will let you know

it cuts alot better with the 60 degree blade the stuff i have with about 5min of light seems to glow for around 20-30 mins

I tried cutting this stuff today and man is it a bitch. haha. i cut into the backing which is the main reason, and i dont understand why, because im using my setting for normal blade setting, and this stuff is thicker. Once I got it off the back it applied much easier than expected to the wall. Very cool stuff.

Note: for those of you looking for vinyl, it is also called phosphorescent vinyl. Ordway charges like $220 for a 24" by 10yrd roll.

fellers has it for

24" by 10Y 136.50 or 19.99y 5mil

Econo glow Glows for 20 minutes after 2 minute charge

24" by 10Y 226.50 or 29.99y 10mil

safe glo Glows for 6-8 hours after 2 minute charge

Its so expensive and it says interior use with limited outdoor durability

I have a US Cutter SC Plotter vinyl cutter machine.  I have 12 x 12" glow in the dark vinyl sheets and need to cut 15 signs to apply at a local factory in case of power failure.  I CAN NOT figure out what to set my speed and pressure on to get it to cut and weed correctly!  I have changed the blade to the 60 degree (blue tip) and have tried slowing the speed down to 100 and increasing the pressure as high as 175.  Anyone have any suggestions or setting that can help me cut and weed this thicker vinyl?  The backing of the actual vinyl is silver mirror like...I would appreciate any help!  Thank you!!

What software are you using. Many programs allow you to set multiple passes for thick material