Guest Karolis

Advancing cutter

Guest Karolis

I just received my new MH cutter and I am tryign to use it with Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro. It cuts fine, but after cutting one thing, how come it does not automatically advance the vinyl to the next blank spot? My Roland used to this, so I am used to it. How do I advance the cutter without having to manually advance the material by unclamping the rollers. Thanks!

You should be able to use the arrows on your cutter and move the knife to a new origin, and press the origin button.

I used to have a laserpoint 24, which is only slightly different, and that was the only way. It NEVER returned to a new origin point. I think this is built into the logic board of every cutter and the basic machines just don't do this.

Guest karolis

The so called 'manual' way works, with the arrow buttons, but it is a pain in the ass. Surely $50 software would have a feature for this.

Some US Cutter machines won't do this and it's not the software. I've never been able to advance after cut on any of the MH series and was told that it's in the motherboard of the cutter. IF your machine did it with other software there must be some setting you are missing or the software isn't sending a command the cutter recognizes,

Guest karolis

I feel like they at least could make some software 'bandaids' like in signblazer you're able to set it to cut 5 copies, basically i'm looking for an easy way to do multiple cuts so i can exit the room without having to sit here and babysit. SignBlazer would work, but the interface is horrid that I refuse to use it. Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro came with my cutter and that's what I'd like to use.