Hoss

Cutting is mirrored...

I just bought SCAL Pro and so far like the software. However, when I cut, the image is mirrored. For example, text is backwards. I can select the entire design and then Object > Transform > Flip Horizontal, and then cut, and it cuts correctly. But then I have to undo the flip to go back to editing.

Is there a setting somewhere to have it automatically cut it flipped?

• Like 2

I've been messing with this more today, and my initial comments where not accurate. Actually, it basically cuts correct or with errors randomly. It cuts correctly about 20% of the time.

The rest of the 80%, it seems to print backwards, and often, one letter of a word is printed sideways. Sometimes it draws the image skewed. Sometimes it cuts lines right through middle of drawing. Sometimes it rotates the image.

This is true just taking the same drawing cutting it over and over again without any changes. Just cut, click ok to the "finished" dialog, click "cut with cutter" button and cut again.

If export the drawing as SVG, use illustrator to save as ai v3 file, and open it in SB, SB can cut it as many times as I want without a single issue.

Below is a short trial cutting a logo multiple times (with all same settings and no design changes/edits between cuts). As you can see, it did different things each time. This is a design that I created from scratch in SCAL 3.036 Pro. I also tried with a new project and just dropped a couple letters in, got same random results.

post-28044-0-64834300-1351983239.jpg

post-28044-0-65176600-1351983240.jpg