vinylmotivations

First Impressions, The day after installing SCAL Pro

I do agree vinyl, like he said he installed, tried and immediately quit.

He looked no further but was very frustrated cause he was sent something that has only been released for a week and packaged and sold under the premise that his cutter was supported when in fact it was not.

With a very limited list of supported machines in its arsenal one would think they would of been verified.

Grabbed it. Thank you for the link. But I don't have CorelDraw.....

I did download a trial version of X6 luckily I didn't buy it. Very much to expensive for me.

-Scott

I agree slice. They had 6 people going over this software from this forum for over a month, You would of thought these issues would of been dealt with before but apparently(from my understanding) they were just to work on the design side of this program. Maybe I am wrong but one would think things like this would get noticed before launch.

Send it back and move on. Use SBE untill you are at a point in your venture you can migrate to a program such as flexi. I would not suggest anything else for any business. I have tried them all, and hated most while others were a joke, and the best ones I have found was SBE to start with and build a customer base/income, then Flexi and never looked back. Best investment I have ever made.

I still use SBE when I am on location for shirts and on the fly decals at shows. In the shop everything is Flexi, the design side is very powerful, really nothing I cant to in there that I cant do for anything normal in ai. Photoshop for the wraps and all my files open in flexi in their native format. No skipping around program to program.

Those six people including me only had the regular version 3, not the recently released pro version. I assumed and I'm sure that others did, that the features we were missing were only available in the pro version. I also assumed that USC had bench tested for communication issues and all we were supposed to do was evaluate the design part. Personally, I had ZERO problems cutting with the MH or Pcut series...which are the only USC Cutters that I have.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Some people this thread seem ridiculous. You gave the software 5 mins and you said it's "crap" due to the fact that you do not have time to patch it/set it up right. Well, sorry to say it, but you're that customer that everyone hates, no objective feedback, no constructive criticism, just straight up ass comments. Sure the software is not great just YET, but it is 100 steps up from the SignBlazer garbage from 1995 (I realize it's not actually that old). That being said, this software is great for being included free with value cutters, and if you own a Grapthec or a Roland, there is no reason for you to be using this software, you've already got the software support for anything and everything.

Some people this thread seem ridiculous. You gave the software 5 mins and you said it's "crap" due to the fact that you do not have time to patch it/set it up right. Well, sorry to say it, but you're that customer that everyone hates, no objective feedback, no constructive criticism, just straight up ass comments. Sure the software is not great just YET, but it is 100 steps up from the SignBlazer garbage from 1995 (I realize it's not actually that old). That being said, this software is great for being included free with value cutters, and if you own a Grapthec or a Roland, there is no reason for you to be using this software, you've already got the software support for anything and everything.

Yes that was the whole purpose of the experience was to offer points of things that needed to be made better ,changed,updated etc to make the software easier and more productive that is what the feedback is to be used for . You have to have perseverance in any new learning venture or you will never learn .

Dan

• Like 2

Guest.... dont hide behind the veil of anonymity and tell us we are the customers that everyone hates... Trust me when I say I really want this program to be everything I need. That being said however I feel that in my anticipation I understood that the program was being released, ready to go, and would work with my cutters (CoPam, and SC) However it did not, and required updating or patching, which I can understand for a product released years ago that should be updated before you can use it, but not something in its initial release.

I really dont want my comments to seem divisive, as I enjoy the forum and everyone here. This is the one place where everyone can come new or old and not be razed and hazed... And its a place to help small business ops grow...

Bruce

Seems to be the classic " I bought a Chevette but think it should be Corvette quality " . . The software should be analized by it's design features based on a beginner with no vinyl cutting experience at all IMO . I am sure Liquidfusion's comments were not at all what Guest was referring to . SCAL has been available for years ( SCAL 2 was the last to suport the Cricket & that was because of a lawsuit from what i have read ) . SCAL 3 & Pro seem to be a great software for those who don't want to spend MUCH more for software . USC offering existing customers Pro at $50 is a kind , loyal & generous offer & should be appreciated .. I do .

• Like 3

I definitely dont want to be misunderstood... I absolutely appreciate everything USC, Craft Edge, and everyone here do for people... If you cant lay the framework for a start up business by whats contained in these forums, your just not trying...

• Like 2

Ok I've been away for a while and started checking in recently and have noticed a few things...

I don't want to pay the price of SignCut and Flexi when all I want is cutting software to be used with my Laserpoint 1

& Corel X3

So I decided to try SureCutsAlot Pro. That being said I do all my designing in Corel and will only cut in SureCutsAlot

will defininately give you an unbiased opinion when it finally arrives in the mail.

I for one will not compare it to any other program, I will work with it as much as possible because I am a small home business owner who does not want this software to do anything other than what it is ment to do and that is something a little better than SBE is and with half the headaches that it gave me as a "NEWBIE"

NUFF SAID!

• Like 2

ThomasB after 2 days of playing with Srue Cuts A Lot 3 Pro you should be good to go by designing complex designs work in another program such as CorelDraw and cut with Sure Cuts A Lot. Basic design and sign layout should be no problem in Sure Cuts A Lot and actually much easier than in SignBlazer. I ran into problems using Sure Cuts A Lot as a design program.

Let us know if it works well as I may get CorelDraw to design in myself.

-Scott

Yes I was sent this however it seems to send it to the cutter but still wont cut but since the software is new to me still trying. At least with this link the program doesn't crash

Hi Bill

Please try to install this one (choose the CC100-20 model again)

http://www.craftedge...otPro_3_037.exe

Sincerely

- The Craft Edge Team

http://www.craftedge.com

On 11/2/12 11:05 AM, Bill Grey (Mr300s) wrote:

I finally found the graphtec after I uninstalled the disk I had from us

cutter and used your link however if I click on graphtec I get this and

there is nothing for the 5000. If I try to use this the program keeps

crashing and shutting down thanks Bill

Guest Guest

i installed sure cuts alot pro 3, right after the install i ran it immediately and it said update available. I skipped the update right then a min and just tryed it with my uscutter sc 34" and sure it didnt work nothing. already registered it, i went and got the update installed, ran the program and tryed a cut, it worked wonderfully.

I love how this program does not seem to have any hidden catches, i see no fee's nothing just register and activate. being able to move it to a different pc is great assuming cause i didnt try it there is unlimited transfers any verification on that assumption i have would be nice?

Anyways the only beef i have with this program or any is that the cutting size isnt always 100% im set to standard inch, i subtract a little off the edges in scal pro 3 its roughly total of 0.5inch or 3/4ths off each edge. the final cut how every is 11 3/4ths meaning i'd have to take another 3/4ths off it to get it the size i want. Not really a big deal but its something i'd like to see client side fixable if the cutter isnt cutting the right side if not in a update to have a fix option.

again for the price sale of 50$ i am glad i got it while it was on sale, wish it would always be that price but still good even if its 200$. the little tidbits or designs it comes with are nice i could see making money on them which is great cause they came with it. i havent tryed it but it seems you can make your own library outta your own stuff which seems to be a nice feature maybe if there isnt yet there could be a way to sort them.

hope my comments make choosing this or trying it worth it for someone else with the sc series cutters my exp with it was easy enough considering i use sign cut chich has way more to the cutter options and i dont really mess with the cutter options im not a pro and i dont wanna mess anything up.

I was having issues with SignBlazer and SignCut Pro with my SC machine. After doing the updates to Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro I'm not having cut issues.

Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro just needs better Node editing and more file type support and it will be a very good program.

-Scott

I finally got around to cutting with my Copam . Fantastic !!! Only needed to adjust the offset  ( change it to 0 as offset is set on my Copam ) . The weeding line option makes me so happy , I can't sit still !!!

For those who were not here when USC started offering SignBlazer , it did not work as smooth as it does right now . There were plenty of bugs , updates & releases . It seems the parent company for SCALPro is just as motivated as the parent company was for SignBlazer ( in late 2007 ?? ) . When I bought my cutters , InkScape & SignCut was packaged . SignBlazer was MUCH easier for a beginner like me , even though both of those softwares are impressive . SCALPro is a great addition being packaged with new cutters ... think about it. It replaces the 1 year subscription to SignCut . It cuts as good as SignCut & has the same weeding options plus does not expire . SO no yearly/lifetime subscription . I am not demeaning SignCut AT ALL . It is a great cutting software . For beginners a design/cut software is especially easier to learn with . SignBlazer is still free to everybody ... All the complaints seem to imply you have to use 1 or the other . Use the benifits of both & any other software you have . IMO many people are doing the proverbial " looking a gift horse in the mouth " routine . It is nice & benificial to read honest objective posts from mature members :thumbsup: . USC has taken care of it's members by offering a software that is a bargain & has no subscription . As aged as SignBlazer is , a replacement was long overdue & USC has been looking for a flagship software for some time . I had a reply from Edge Craft today  ( Christmas day ) I sent them my 1rst e-mail Christmas eve  ... if that isn't GREAT & does not impress a person , I don't know what would .

• Like 1

Wow!  I am thrilled to see that there is a Surecutsalot Pro. 

I am a longtime user of surecutsalot for my (toy) cricut.  My husband has jumped on the cutting bandwagon and has purchased 2 of the starter cutters - Pcuts.  He primarily uses signblazer - I use the surecutsalot 3. 

This software is a no frills straight to the point deal.  Where as signblazer has you doing all kinds of adjustments here and there and whatsoever. 

It is just like anyother software on the market.  There is a learning curve but it is a quick curve.

By the way, you guys are mean.  If you are a business, why would you quit your regular software and expect to jump right in with a brand new one?  Work into it and then make your decision.  I download a trial version to play with before I spend money when available. 

Thank you for the reviews - I agree with the wish lists and would like the see a backup button on the toolbar.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 1

Hi BusQueen , that is 1 of the nicest 1rst posts I have ever read :thumbsup: .