mldally

Cutter Not Cutting Properly, what am I doing?

I just activated my Sure Cuts A Lot Pro software - and by the way, in order to activate it, you must use the hyphens and drop the first zero in order for your activation to work!

Anyways, I am playing with the new software and my Copam cutter is recognizing the software, but it is not cutting right. It will start to cut the project and just stop about 2 seconds into it. After that, my software freezes up. I have to Force Quit (on Mac) the program and start over.

When I was setting up the cutter, I chose the Copam....is there another setting I need to change to make it work. Like I said, there is communication with the cutter, its just not cutting the project.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

I'm having an issue as well. After setting the software to a USCutter SC machine and doing the driver download nothing happens when I try to cut something.

I"m Using a serial cable with a keyspan to usb connection on my cutter and computer.

Does the computer have to be connected to the internet to actually cut?

At this point I'm stuck.

I'm having an issue as well. After setting the software to a USCutter SC machine and doing the driver download nothing happens when I try to cut something.

I"m Using a serial cable with a keyspan to usb connection on my cutter and computer.

Does the computer have to be connected to the internet to actually cut?

At this point I'm stuck.

Have you tried connecting with USB instead of Serial?

No I have not tried that. I thought the serial with Keyspan is the way to go if you don't have a serial connector on your computer.

Check to see what version of SCAL you are using.... if you have 3.033 you might need to use the new version 3.035. I had trouble with my SC not cutting too. I contacted UScutter who spent about 40 minutes with me on the phone then needed to get my number and call me back. In the mean time I contacted Craft Edge and they hooked me up in less than an hour and I am up and running.

Yup I have 3.033. I just tried "Check For Updates" under the help menu but it says "No updates available at this time."

Oh the crazy thing is when I try clicking on the "Online video tutorials" in the Help menu it directs me to this page: http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/static/subpage/video_page

When I try "online forums" under the help menu it directs me to this page: http://forum.uscutter.com/

I'm not liking the software so far especially the $9 shipping for what maybe an out of date software disk.

Scott

• Like 1

Yup I have 3.033. I just tried "Check For Updates" under the help menu but it says "No updates available at this time."

Oh the crazy thing is when I try clicking on the "Online video tutorials" in the Help menu it directs me to this page: http://www.uscutter....page/video_page

When I try "online forums" under the help menu it directs me to this page: http://forum.uscutter.com/

I had the same issues. It was so frustrating to (apparently) be one of the first to order it and get it next day only to load it and spend the next 24 hours pulling my hair what trying to figure out what it was that "I" was doing wrong only to find out there was already an update to fix the problem that even UScutter does not know about. (they are still researching it for me...LOL)

Hope the 3.035 patch fixes your issues too

Check to see what version of SCAL you are using.... if you have 3.033 you might need to use the new version 3.035. I had trouble with my SC not cutting too. I contacted UScutter who spent about 40 minutes with me on the phone then needed to get my number and call me back. In the mean time I contacted Craft Edge and they hooked me up in less than an hour and I am up and running.

Is there a download link for this update or do we have to call Craft Edge for it? Now I'm doubly p-o'ed. I also spent that extra 9 bucks to get a CD to find out it's an old version that needs an update plus it only works on one or maybe two computers with their "validation". Gees I wish I had thought ahead to find this out before I clicked the buy button...

I'm a bit wary of software that claims to "do everything". I've looked at the SureCutsALot3 Demo, and I'm not impressed. You can't beat tried and true layout software, coupled with tried and true cutting software, coupled with a tried and true plotter/cutter. Don't try to save pennies that will cost you dollers.

Just as reference, I'm using Corel X5, SignCutPro2, to a USCutterSC25 and it's working flawlessly.

Keep in mind I've been in the sign industry for 3 decades, and working with computers longer, plus a journeyman electrician & carpenter, so I know how, where & why to cut corners.

My real point is, if you're going to do it, pay the money up front to do it right. That includes training. Don't be what we call in the trades a "jackleg".

• Like 1

I'm new to vinyl cutting and design software in general and have found the free software i.e. SignBlazer to work extremely well along with InkScape for the hobby projects I have done and projects I'm planning on doing. I was hoping the new SureCuts A Lot would work well right out of the box.

Not sure what to do next other than call Craft Edge. I did not see an updated patch last night on the Craft Edge website.

-Scott

Anyone know how to get a Graphtec CE-5000-60 to work? I just installed the 3.036 patch, still nothing.

I'm having a bit of the same issue as the OP. SCAL, Mac, but a laserpoint I. It cut fine last night. Now it'll get to the last 2 or 3 lines of a cut and the machine freezes up. I tried rebooting/unplugging everything to no avail. :/

Hmm, I took it of WYSIWYG and onto origin and now it cuts completely... Odd...

***Now we are hanging when I import an SVG file then try to cut it... It hangs on "Initializing" and I have to force quit the program. Any ideas? The preview of the cut looks clean.

I had good luck with a Windows issue by using an alternate cutter dirver. Seems my MH series cutter is old firmware/hardware version ( it is 2-3 years old) so no surprise that a laswerpoint 1 driver worked and quite well too! The "MH" driver in SCALP appers to be for a later version of the harware as after the first cut, the cutter would not respond to any more attempts.

worth a try if you are losing stomach lining at every attempt