wagspe208

CE5000, Corel Draw, basic questions....

OK, so I am a new guy. I have the ce5000 package I got from US cutter.

I have a few questions:

1) I'd like to be able to cut the media after I finish cutting the vinyl. Is this possible? Meaning, cut the vinyl width wise as opposed to using a razor knife.

2) Registration marks: I watched the youtube video and used the + sign for a mark. Once the + mark actually fell out, like the vinyl cutter cut deeper. The other color it did not. I liked this. Don't know how I did it.

Using the corel draw registration mark places them WAY out past the drawing.... hence uses more material. On my 4H decals I was doing 5 or 6 in a row... width wise across the 24" roll.

3) How do you go about aligning the first and second layer. I used a light under the cutter board and the image shadows showed up. There must be a faster way.

Thanks

Wags

• Like 1

To answer your questions-

1) Only possible on a cutter that supports this, Graphtec FC series does, CE does not.

2) If you create a square or rectangle around your graphic and then select your reg mark tool, you can select "Convert Rectangle"

post-13895-0-25778000-1351741227.jpg

post-13895-0-28003000-1351741232.jpg

3) Assuming you're talking about layering, take a poke at this video...

I was searching... the registration marks used in corel draw are "printed" not cut.. is that correct?

Or to ask another way... if the registration marks were cut, I could cut out the image to registration mark size... then line up 2 sheets same size.

Wags

Registration marks can be used in a variety of ways and implemented in even more ways.

Basically for cut vinyl, you will want to create a square or diamond and create this on each color layer in the same spot. Printing is a little different and you will need more setup and equipment to handle the printing/laminating etc.

OK, I am doing it right then.

Any idea when, or how I got the cutter to cut through the + signs one time and drop them on the floor?

Thanks

Wags

you really don't want to do that on any kind a regular basis it will destroy your cutting strip on your cutter you don't ever wanna cut through the backing without a carrier sheet of some sort

you really don't want to do that on any kind a regular basis it will destroy your cutting strip on your cutter you don't ever wanna cut through the backing without a carrier sheet of some sort

Ah,that makes sense. Thanks

In the video a couple of posts up... I assume the clear tape is just clearr transfer tape? What is the backing is the backing media called?

Wags

The backing being used is just the backing from the vinyl... I save a few big pieces from jobs that I install or messed up cuts for special projects that require a piece or two of backing. Otherwise you have to waste some vinyl. Usually- your back layer is the largest and final backing anyways.

I did several of the 4H stickers for the club. To do this I put in "8" copies in the cutter app or whatever. (I drew 1 image on draw) The issue is since I had 2 layers, the cloverleafs weren't spaced the same. I had to do each decal individually. (layer, put it together)

Had I cloned 8 images on the main corel draw, then sent it to plotter I asume they would have been spaced the same... however I did them on the draw program.

I wish I knew proper terms. I sound like an idiot.

Thanks

Steve

In corel, under edit, try step and repeat. That should get you the spacing you are looking for.

Mike

In corel, under edit, try step and repeat. That should get you the spacing you are looking for.

Mike

Awesome. Thanks for the tip.

Wags

If you're wanting to layer a complete sheet, what you will need to do is create a sheet with as many as you need on that sheet with ONE set of registration marks. Or you will need to create registration marks overlapping and then select a quantity and when corel groups them, you cut them apart and layer each one. I will upload a file here in a bit that will demonstrate this.

In these 2 image files you will see smaller squares at the top, each one is actually two. A BLACK layer and a YELLOW layer that will cut with it's respective color.

In the single, you will have a set of square registration marks for each and every one you cut, whereas the multiples you will be able to layer sheets of 12. Make any more sense?

post-13895-0-53831800-1352051423.jpg

post-13895-0-09096600-1352051424.jpg

• Like 1

That way makes sense also. Thanks for the tip.

I will give it a try this evening. Going to make some more to pass out.

Wags