I have a pcut ctn630 that is not cutting accurately. When I try to cut a circle, it ends up with flat spots in random locations, it doesn't track properly. The cuts don't line up anywhere close to where they are supposed to be. I'm using a brand new 45 degree blade. I am using signblazer elements and have never had a problem like this before. I have two of the same cutters and the other one works fine. Whenever I try to change the cutter settings, signblazer comes up with the "unrecoverable error" and crashes. I have calibrated this machine according to US cutters forum (with the nickel) and it hasn't helped any. Is there any other way to adjust settings or calibrate the machine to cut properly? Is there a way to prevent the program from crashing every time I try to open the cutter settings?

post-29692-0-27818900-1351733465.jpg

• Like 1

Whenever you ask for help, try to give enough info to help you with. For instance, what OS are you using and what interface (serial or USB). Are both cutters connected to the same computer? At the same time?

I'm not familiar with a ct-n-630 so I can't offer any help there. Seems to be quite a few model differences. Mine is just a "ct".

As for SB crashing, the usual advice is to re-install it and that might be a good idea. A huge amount of poeple here run it and don't have that problem. Since it is crashing, it does mean that something is wrong. I would try an un-install and then re-install it to see if it helps...

Had a thought after I posted...

If this is a fairly large circle, your vinyl may be moving. This can happen from the pressure rollers not being over the knurled sections of the bottom roller bar ot too much pressure on the head. Or if you're cutting very thick vinyl like reflective or metallic and such. Just a thought...

I would check to make sure your carriage is on the tracks and not loose. You should be able to flip open the top lid on the P-Cut like you did when you did the calibration. (I think that is just for the height of the blade.)

I am using windows vista and connecting via USB. The computer I am using was the primary computer that I used at one point but is now just a reserve. This cutter was also a reserve. The other cutter was working flawlesly with it. I have had issues with signblazer in the past when I try to import files, I would occassionally get the "unrecoverable error" message and have to restart the program. I unistalled signblazer and reinstalled it last night. Now, when I go to cut, I get the same error message and the program crashes. I'm further behind now than I was before since I can't even cut now.

I did hook up my cutter to my mac and using signcut, was able to get the cutter to work, but the issue of it not cutting properly is still there. The final product looks like a three year old got ahold of a knife and tried to cut some designs out.