twister23m

Registration marks using flexi7 ????????????????????????????????

Hows everyone doing? I love my Refine MH721, this forum and beacon graphics.com.  Beacon gets my vinyl here normally next day and worst case two days and really cheap shipping A+.! Flexi is by far the most user friendly I have tried except I cant find out how to get registration marks on my colored layers that I am cutting. Could someone give me step by step instructions for flexi registration marks? I guess you can also call them crop marks? I am lettering a race car now and registration marks would make it a ton faster. Thanks!  email to jglosek@ptd.net    john

The auto registration marks only work on the printer or a print and cut.You have to use the rectangle tool in the design area and make a block.I usually make them the size of one grid.Then you duplicate that block as many times as you have need for reg marks and place them where you want and overlaying the colors on top of each other changing the colors of the blocks accordingly.

I have used the default registration marks on flexi 7.5 and have had good results.

This is how i do it

Design your image, and be sure that you have all your colors seperated. as in, what you want to cut in blue, colored blue, and what you want in red, colored red.

Be sure that you have the design center window open, and then goto the shapes menu, if you cannot see this menu, goto view, toolbars, then the shapes menu.

the last one looks sort of like a bullseye. click on it.  Now in design center, it will give you 2 options, one is circle, and one is diamond, either one will work, and place your mards where you want them to go

Goto cut out the image, and in production manager, Then click on the advanced tab and place a check mark under send all colors, but then select seperate panels, seperate jobs (so you can change the color of vinyl in your machine)

The registration marks cut on every color that i send to the machine, hopefully this helps.