marcuso

Announcing Sure Cuts A Lot Pro

So, right now this leaves us with a dilemma....

1) Buy now at the discounted $50 deal (plus $9 shipping for the DVD)

and receive version 3.033 which needs to be updated immediately to 3.035

and doesn't open eps files....but may in the future with another patch.

2) Wait for all the bugs to be worked out and pay $200 (plus shipping).

3) Don't buy it at all and keep looking for the perfect program.

Sue2

You don't have to keep looking. It's called Flexi. If you buy it new, expect to pay $4000 or so. But deals can be had on used versions.

Or, you could keep using SignBlazer, which hasn't been updated in over 3 years,and never will be.

Or did you mean perfect and cheap?

• Like 2

Turns out, this Software does not work with the ZenCut models. Trouble is, people will still follow the same steps I just did, order the product and then find this post whilst trouble shooting. Bummer. They did get the list updated on the site... but .... the "?Have a Question" box still says that it supports the program, just as the site once did, before my purchase.

Really bums me out.. It would have been a nice alternative other than paying for SignCut!

post-7430-0-88884600-1351860958.jpg

Looks like they have removed it from the "Have a Question" link too:

post-1636-0-04511700-1351861563.png

You don't have to keep looking. It's called Flexi. If you buy it new, expect to pay $4000 or so.

But deals can be had on used versions.

Or, you could keep using SignBlazer, which hasn't been updated in over 3 years,and never will be.

Or did you mean perfect and cheap?

Sorry, I didn't mean to irritate you John...

If I ran a dedicated retail sign shop Flexi at $4,000 may be an option,

but the R.O.I. just isn't there for the quick signage and banners we

provide as part of a small print shop.

Therefore the need for a reasonably priced design/cut program.

I currently use Corel X4 for my design and SB for cutting and some

simple/quick designing.

Since I realize SB is becoming obsolete I'm watching for a better option.

From what I have read, SCAL-P could fit in well once the glitches are ironed out.

Sue2

I think the main thing to keep in mind is contact CraftEdge if you have a problem with glitches in the software. They seem very eager to work with people to resolve issues. If there are updates that affect you CraftEdge will be the ones to know. USCutter sells the software but they can't make changes to it.

• Like 2

Sorry, I didn't mean to irritate you John...

If I ran a dedicated retail sign shop Flexi at $4,000 may be an option,

but the R.O.I. just isn't there for the quick signage and banners we

provide as part of a small print shop.

Therefore the need for a reasonably priced design/cut program.

I currently use Corel X4 for my design and SB for cutting and some

simple/quick designing.

Since I realize SB is becoming obsolete I'm watching for a better option.

From what I have read, SCAL-P could fit in well once the glitches are ironed out.

Sue2

If you watch Ebay RELIGIOUSLY you might find Flexi at a good price..especially older versions...which would suit you just as well for what you do. It sounds expensive but it has paid for itself in my case ,many times over in time saved. It does it all and no need to switch back and forth between design and cutting software.

As for SCAL... from a design standpoint, it's very good. The vectorizing alone is better than anything I've tried,even Flexi. Granted, I haven't spent a huge amount of time with it. I expect once the bugs are worked out, SCAL will be a first rate program and a great replacement for Signblazer..which is what it is intended to be.

You can't irritate me. I have 4 ex-wives. I have seen it all.

• Like 4

Dang, your one up on me, I only have three.

Dang, your one up on me, I only have three.

keep working on it, you'll get there.

• Like 3

Sue I forgot to mention keep an eye on Craig's List. I bought the contents of an entire sign shop for less than Flexi is new and got Flexi in the bargain.

If you watch Ebay RELIGIOUSLY you might find Flexi at a good price..especially older versions...which would suit you just as well for what you do. It sounds expensive but it has paid for itself in my case ,many times over in time saved. It does it all and no need to switch back and forth between design and cutting software.

As for SCAL... from a design standpoint, it's very good. The vectorizing alone is better than anything I've tried,even Flexi. Granted, I haven't spent a huge amount of time with it. I expect once the bugs are worked out, SCAL will be a first rate program and a great replacement for Signblazer..which is what it is intended to be.

I can one up you John I have been married almost 44 years so you know I don't irritate easily (or is it her that does not irritate easily lol )

I can one up you John I have been married almost 44 years so you know I don't irritate easily (or is it her that does not irritate easily lol )

44 years with the same woman? Jeez.... I admire your courage.

• Like 2

44 years with the same woman? Jeez.... I admire your courage.

I actualy got a great woman we have been best friends from since we first meet and I really think that is the secret to a good marriage

Dan

I just sent a support email to Craft Edge asking if there is a patch available for Sure Cuts A Lot so it will work with an SC machine. I'm not very thrilled with my purchase of this software......

-Scott

• Like 1

I think I will contact them also... looks like they support GCC which is a ZenCut machine... maybe they can drum up a patch for that!

I just sent a support email to Craft Edge asking if there is a patch available for Sure Cuts A Lot so it will work with an SC machine. I'm not very thrilled with my purchase of this software......

-Scott

Thanks for offering the link in the other thread(s) for the patch, as various people will be needing that.

I am shocked (astonished, actually) that USCUTTER's representative (admin.) did not present that link, nor even mention the issue within this thread (5 pages running so far) which was created specifically to promote the release of SCLPRO.

http://www.craftedge.com/bin/SetupSureCutsALotPro_3_035.exe

• Like 1

The 3.035 patch does interface with my SC machine and I was able to cut a couple sample letters. At this point all is working well with the software and I will spend some time with it this weekend. I'm a little sick and figure sitting in front of the computer might be a good restful day to get well.

Now the wierd thing is now that I have 3.035 on my computer when I start the software it says "A more recent version of Sure CutsA Lot 3 is available. Please visit htt://www.craftedge.com for more information". I don't see another version anywhere. Did anyone else get this message when updating to 3.035?

-Scott

Hahaha just updated to 3.036. Haven't tried cutting anything with the latest version yet.

Anyone know what the difference between 3.035 and 3.036 is?

-Scott

Turns out, this Software does not work with the ZenCut models. Trouble is, people will still follow the same steps I just did, order the product and then find this post whilst trouble shooting. Bummer. They did get the list updated on the site... but .... the "?Have a Question" box still says that it supports the program, just as the site once did, before my purchase.

Really bums me out.. It would have been a nice alternative other than paying for SignCut!

UPDATE!

I've been working with Craft Edge for the last couple of days... I have my ZenCut Black communicating with this software!

I'm in the process of trying a few different files, see if it cuts everything else okay.

the first cut was about 12" down on a roll of chrome.. it read 'test'... Yeah.. that's a chunk of chrome I will never get back.. lol... BUT, IT CUT!

More to come!

• Like 2

Just a quick note. Whenever I test out something new, I use a pen tool and paper. Why waste vinyl??

• Like 1