For design I use Corel.

For cutting I use SB.

Sue2

It would be wise to switch....

SB is already obsolete in some aspects

in that it cannot open newer eps files.

Since SB has not been upgraded in many years

there will be more and more glitches as time goes

by and equipment gets more sophisticated.

Not to mention that it may not work with the newer

Windows upgrades.

I plan to try SCAL...you can never have too many tools,

computer programs or clipart!

Not to mention $50 is a steal!

Sue2

X2 B)

One more question, Sure cuts a lot or Sign Blazer? Is it worth the switch?

My current working program is SBE, and I was attempting to discover the benefits of SCAL, only to be caught short (pun intended) when trying to cut a banner that was 8' long (this limitation was in v.3)

Now, with the 16' length available with SCAL PRO, I would like to give it another shot.

I've been testing SCAL for awhile now (not the PRO) and I love it. Not gonna give up my Flexi for it, but standing on it's own, it's great software. The BEST part is, it works with MAC...and that's not easy to find at a good price. Kudos on this one, Marcus!

I agree . SCAL is light-years ahead of my favorite SignBlazer . The more familiar I get with it , the better I like it . I have SCAL 3 & the Pro version has to be even better !!! The Pro version has a weed line option that lets you add as many weed lines vertically & horizontally as you want to . That is a great tool . The 4 or 5 years since SignBlazer has had any support or tech advancement has made it seem like a 55 Chevy now , still has it's personality , but does not compare at all to SCAL . SCAL fits into USCutter's motto " always the best bargain " . It is a bargain at regular price , if anybody even wonders if they should update to SCAL , they should buy it @ $50 right away . If only using it as a cutting software , the weed line options are well worth $50 IMO .

• Like 1

Just ordered my copy today. I really like how simple SignBlazer is to use to do basic design and cutting and I really hope SCALpro is equally simple.

-Scott

Just ordered my copy today. I really like how simple SignBlazer is to use to do basic design and cutting and I really hope SCALpro is equally simple.

-Scott

It must be..Rodger figured it out! (sorry, Rodger...couldn't resist)

• Like 2

It's so easy, Rodger can do it... ugh. I mean caveman... LOL. TOO much maybe?

Meh. Either way, Cutting software PERIOD- for the price, it sounds like a deal. I had contemplated buying it regardless JUST to evaluate it. Now I get to anyways for Marcus/USC and everyone else here. :) Thank You USC!

• Like 1

Fantastic timing! My Dell with SB just crashed hard (motherboard issues) and all I have is my Mac and a lot of open orders... This seriously couldn't have come at a better time. Just wish it came in download form instead of waiting on a disc!

• Like 1

I ordered mine today, I love SB but I know its days are numbered since it isn't supported and likely will not be able to be used some of the new versions of WIndows.

Does anyone know if it will open eps files or is it svg only?

I wouldn't say I figured it out .. that is giving me way too much credit !!! :lol: :laugh: I am still trying to figure out the meaning of life etc ... I have watched " History of the World " by Mel Brooks MANY times & still have not come to a firm conviction :huh: " IF " SignBlazer had not came to a halt when Jerry passed , I am sure he would have it developed as good or better than any software ... BUT Jerry passed & as his heart stopped , so did SignBlazer . I feel he left the 30 day trial open on purpose & no matter if he did or not , many have benifitted from that . It is past time for something newer & SCAL is as easy as SignBlazer was to learn . I'll buy the evolved SignBlazer software " IF " it ever comes out ( I have tried it , so it exists !!! ) & use all the softwares when 1 does something better than the other . I like the weeding line options in Signcut so much , I wanted to stay subscribed to it JUST for that option , but am too cheap to justify the cost . SCAL Pro has the same options , so it is great to be able to buy it much cheaper than the SignCut subscription . I have not found out some things like " redraw " in SB , but have not been able to spend as much time as I want to get samiliar with SCAL . I am sure I'll use SB for some things until I find out how to do them in SCAL . I'll never be able to justify Flexi Pro etc , so a do-it-all software like SCAL with all the extra features is great , especially considering how inexpensive it is . Too bad it does not support Jay's cutter as he is a software wizard . He has been the most help with SB on this forum & would do the same with SCAL if we can get him involved :angel:

Too bad it does not support Jay's cutter as he is a software wizard . He has been the most help with SB on this forum & would do the same with SCAL if we can get him involved :angel:

Thanks Roger.

• Like 1

Too bad it does not support Jay's cutter as he is a software wizard. He has been the most help with SB on this forum & would do the same with SCAL if we can get him involved :angel:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

For all the help Jay has offered...

USC should send him SCAL and a cutter to use it with!

• Like 1

Software installed, tried a test cut of the word test and nothing is happening. Have tried via serial connection and USB. Nothing is happening. Let the trouble shooting begin....

Software installed, tried a? test cut of the word test and nothing is happening. Have tried via serial connection and USB. Nothing is happening. Let the trouble shooting begin....

Did you select the right port in scalp ?

Did you make sure the right driver was installed and cutter selected. In SCAL 3 it seemed like it was a 2 step process.

Yes, I picked the right port manually as well as automatic. I did install the drivers for the usb. I have a UScutter SC model and that is what I have chosen. The weird thing is the software does not come back with any type of message like "cutting" "sending to cutter" or any kind of error message either. I just click "cut" and the cut box disappears but nothing else happens

Did you make sure the right driver was installed and cutter selected. In SCAL 3 it seemed like it was a 2 step process.

I believe it was also there is a video on us cutters utube tutorials for setup on sure cuts a lot pro I think the cut was a two step also that you click cut then cut with us cutter it is in the video

according to the video, it shows after you hit cut is shows a box that says now cutting. I am not getting that.

I agree Jay should be sent a copy of the software & a very nice cutter as well compliment of US Cutter. Jay is just so welling to help. Send the man a copy of SCAL pro.

Still no luck. Have rebooted the computer, reinstalled the software... and the drivers. Followed the video tutorial.... still no luck. I am trying to get it to work with USB since that is what I was using with Sign Blazer on the same computer. I then went and opened Sign Blazer and tried a cut and it still works. Was trying to eliminate my usb cable mysteriously going bad.