marcuso

Announcing Sure Cuts A Lot Pro

Still no luck. Have rebooted the computer, reinstalled the software... and the drivers. Followed the video tutorial.... still no luck. I am trying to get it to work with USB since that is what I was using with Sign Blazer on the same computer. I then went and opened Sign Blazer and tried a cut and it still works. Was trying to eliminate my usb cable mysteriously going bad.

did you try using a different comport number? Different than the one you are using with Signblazer?

On My XP OS, Signcut experienced what you describe as happening with SCALP so long as any remnants of SignBlazer or Graphtec Cutting Master files remained on the hard drive. Could that be your case also?

Just out of curiosity....has anyone else gotten their SCAL-P program up and working???

Sure hope you guys get this sorted out before the $50 special goes off!

:rolleyes: or maybe that's the answer... for another $150 you'll get one that really works.

Sue2

Yes, I have tried that as well.

Have you tried calling our support line? It could be a problem with the software and we would like to know about it right away if it is....

• Like 1

any chance it's a baud rate setting?

interested in buying as well.

please let us know when you get it figured

Have you tried calling our support line? It could be a problem with the software and we would like to know about it right away if it is....

+1

any chance it's a baud rate setting?

interested in buying as well.

please let us know when you get it figured

I would not wait too long and miss the sale price. You would be hard pressed to find a price like that the sale is only a few more days .

Dan

I didn't see any place in the software to change baud rate. Maybe I missed that but since it is supposed to be 9600 I would just assume that would be the default.

I would not wait too long and miss the sale price. You would be hard pressed to find a price like that the sale is only a few more days .

Dan

Agreed! I just ordered my copy.

Guest edge

so your saying I should try and uninstall Sign Blazer all together?

I am saying that was the solution in my case with an apparent conflict.

I purchased this program and recieved it two days ago.

Right now I'm currently trying to set it up with my Zencut Black. I found on parts of the site that it was compatiable with Zencut Green and Black.. but once I installed the software, there is not ZenCut option as far as a driver goes. Now with my SignCut software, I had to use GCC and Jaguar IV to make everything work properly... I've had this cutter for more than two years running SignCut.. no issues .. (until SignCut decided to update to "2"... had to downgrade the update, but fixed now)

I would love to hear what others are running into, and resolutions to my issues! Thanks!

Right now I'm currently trying to set it up with my Zencut Black. I found on parts of the site that it was compatiable with Zencut Green and Black.. but once I installed the software, there is not ZenCut option as far as a driver goes. Now with my SignCut software, I had to use GCC and Jaguar IV to make everything work properly... I've had this cutter for more than two years running SignCut.. no issues .. (until SignCut decided to update to "2"... had to downgrade the update, but fixed now)

I would love to hear what others are running into, and resolutions to my issues! Thanks!

I don't believe the Zen cutters are supported by SCAL Pro. Where did you see that they were?

here is list from USCUTTER website. Zen isn't on the list, where did you see it was?

This software will work with the following cutters:

• USCutter Series (MH, Creation PCut, Laserpoint I and II, SC, TC, Copam)
  • Graphtec CE5000
  • Black Cat Cougar/Lynx
  • eCraft
  • Gazelle
  • Pazzles Inspiration
  • Silhouette SD
  • Silhouette Cameo
  • Silver Bullet

On the phone with tech support now, been over 30 minutes and they are still working on it. Will let you know what they figure out.

here is list from USCUTTER website. Zen isn't on the list, where did you see it was?

This software will work with the following cutters:

• USCutter Series (MH, Creation PCut, Laserpoint I and II, SC, TC, Copam)
  • Graphtec CE5000
  • Black Cat Cougar/Lynx
  • eCraft
  • Gazelle
  • Pazzles Inspiration
  • Silhouette SD
  • Silhouette Cameo
  • Silver Bullet

In the software itself, you also have the choice of GCC and Vinyl Express cutters.

After 40 minutes they were unable to get SCALP to work (cut) for me. They are not sure why but claim there was an update that came out for the software that might be the problem. They are in the process of locating said update and will be calling me back when they locate it so we can try that.

That being said, has anyone else bought this program and received it yet? Has anyone else installed it and tried it out? Are you able to cut with it? Surely I can't be the first one to buy and install.

Will update as things progress

In the software itself, you also have the choice of GCC and Vinyl Express cutters.

That doesn't work for my Vinyl Express GCC cutter. I have been working with the Craft Edge people trying to get my cutter to work with SCAL 3. You might try going to their support page and requesting help. They seem to be very responsive to requests. I usuallly get replies back to my emails within a couple of hours.

UPDATE!! After about 2 hours of no return phone call from UScutter with any info on my problem I decided to check out Craft Edges page and shoot them an email just to see what would happen. In less than an hour I received a response from them with a link to Version 3.035. (UScutter had sent me 3.033) The told me to install that and see what happens. I am happy to announce, I am up and cutting. Not sure what the problem was but it was in the software.

On a side note, not that I am one of the people that is supposed to be "reviewing" the software for US cutter, Off hand I have notice one thing that I do not like already. At the cut screen there is no option to rotate image across vinyl or mirror image. I know you can do it manually but it was nice to have that option on the fly like in Sign Blazer.

On a plus note.... I love all the extra basic shapes that come with this package. Would be nice if they added more in the future. Oh, and I created a quick rhinestone pattern... HOLLY CRAP that was easier than what I have been doing!! Nice touch. Other than that, time to jump in and get my hands dirty!!

• Like 1

I think that Craft Edge's support is stellar. I agree with Xpaperman oabut the rhinestone tool.

I don't believe the Zen cutters are supported by SCAL Pro. Where did you see that they were?

I was chatting with Levi via live chat before I purchased the software, and he assured me it would (attached)

I did notice today that they took it off the list under the description for supported models. That was recently changed.. as it used to match my attachment.

SCAL Supports

UPDATE!! ...... In less than an hour I received a response from them with a link to Version 3.035. (UScutter had sent me 3.033) The told me to install that and see what happens. I am happy to announce, I am up and cutting. Not sure what the problem was but it was in the software.......

Do you have that link available?

Do you have that link available?

xpaperman has the SC model. I don't know that any changes will affect your cutter.

• Like 1