slice&dice

Frankenstorm ---- who's scared?

26" from the first storm 3-4 last night new snow.

power,telephone, most cell service out not expected to be repaIred til next week some time

at list we we still have a house just inconvenienced.

my wIfes grandma's house part of the roof collapsed.patched It up til a full repair can be made.

26" from the first storm 3-4 last night new snow.

power,telephone, most cell service out not expected to be repaIred til next week some time

at list we we still have a house just inconvenienced.

my wIfes grandma's house part of the roof collapsed.patched It up til a full repair can be made.

We ended up with 23 inches here 36+ at snowshoe resort. Thankfully we have not lost power. Started clearing the driveway by hand 2 cars wide by about 200 ft long a slow process with my wife checking on me every 10 minutes . She thinks my old ass is going to fall out doing a little shoveling . There is about 300,000 without power in WV. Still but when I see the footage of NJ. And NY. I know how fortunate we are here.

Dan

the snow so far

OMG Dan....YOU KEEP THAT STUFF!

It's too close for my comfort!

You be careful...shoveling that kind of snow can kill.

October is WAY too early for that kind of nasty weather.

We were blessed here with just 6" of rain spread out nicely.

Sue2

OMG Dan....YOU KEEP THAT STUFF!

It's too close for my comfort!

You be careful...shoveling that kind of snow can kill.

October is WAY too early for that kind of nasty weather.

We were blessed here with just 6" of rain spread out nicely.

Sue2

This is not the earliest major Oct. snow about 50 years ago we had a heavy wet snow in early October that left us without power for a month. But back then we heated with wood and coal and cooked on a wood fired cook stove our water came from the spring so no big deal a couple lanterns and we were good to go . I don't know if I would have that vigilance now .

Dan

We got power back tonight about 8PM Still a bunch with out power all around here.

Total was 26'" here and 7" more over the past few days.

Was interviewed by ABC news I thought it was a small station out of DC up here interviewing people on the snow. Started searching for the interview and found it and it was ABC world news. here's the link/ The wife and I are at the end she is clearing the snow off the car roof and i said I never saw snow from a Hurricane before.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/hurricane-sandy-brings-snowstorm-west-virginia-17602799

Glad you got your power back on . Checked out the link . We are beginning to return to normalcy here the roads are clear and I have dug us out of the driveway . I am going to buy a 4 wheeler and put a blade on it to push snow I am getting too old for clearing large snows . Be safe

Dan

Glad you got your power back on . Checked out the link . We are beginning to return to normalcy here the roads are clear and I have dug us out of the driveway . I am going to buy a 4 wheeler and put a blade on it to push snow I am getting too old for clearing large snows . Be safe

Dan

Good idea...

Last year my neighbor took his son's ATV and put a blade on it. It was sooooooo much easier and faster to plow out the driveways with the ATV....they sold the snow blower!

You just have to get out there before the snow gets too deep for the blade.

Sue2